Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT40 issues

Default DT40 issues

Hi everyone,

ok got my dt40 all working but theres a few problems.

the scan angle is not very wide, my 15k scanners was twice as wide. but i think this is a dac issue, when i make it wider and it fulls the screen within the dac window it stops.

what can i do about this??

also big problem, the 15k scanners are proforming better. gary (member on here) can play a simple barnie animation on his 15k scanners without any flicker, when i play it i get lots of flicker. i cant play most things without flicker, my 15k scanners were better.

any help here??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

the scan angle is not very wide, my 15k scanners was twice as wide. but i think this is a dac issue, when i make it wider and it fulls the screen within the dac window it stops.

what can i do about this??
    Tell me what DAC do you using?
    Change the connect to Symmetrical .

also big problem, the 15k scanners are proforming better. gary (member on here) can play a simple barnie animation on his 15k scanners without any flicker, when i play it i get lots of flicker. i cant play most things without flicker, my 15k scanners were better.

any help here??
    Upload some connect and input of pictures here.
    Scanner no any problem,seem your connect and setting problem!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails connect for DT scanner.jpg  

http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

The symmetrical layout will work with easylase? This is how I understand it to work....DAC has symmetrical outputs at 10vdc. Leaving out the cable with the trimmer pot I was told to turn ISC pot down.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    The symmetrical layout will work with easylase?
    You will just have to wind down the input scale.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

ahhh i dont get what you mean, could you explain in stupid person terms???
    thise diag look nothing like my dt40 amps

Last edited by andy_con; 06-23-2007 at 04:59.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

These might be the earlier DT40 amps the pix Jian has shown is for the DT40-Pro amps.
    Try contacting him at jian725 here on PL.

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

i have jian msn but aint seen him online in ages.

anyone else help???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi again,

What do you mean by not having seen him online for ages ?? have I misunderstood ??, Jian has posted the diagrams in this very thread on the 23rd June ??.

Just send him a PM ( Jian725) he is usually very quick to answer and tries to be helpful.. sometimes the language thing can be hard.!!

Not that the diagram he posted above is relevant to your amps but as a word of caution that diagram for a "non techie" could be very confusing.
    I don't know why people put such diagrams on the sites.. It implies that you know enough tech stuff to figure out it is in fact "two diagrams in one". One set of connections for the X amp and one for the Y amp. It is implicit that if one could figure that out one would not need any help.
    My point being help for non techies and newbies is you must assume nothing.
    If a novice connected literally like Jian has shown in his diagram they could end up with the smoke getting out of the little bits. (if the smoke gets out of the little bits they no longer work, I know this from 40 years in electronics)..

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

i talk to him on msn, but hes not been on for a while.

i will pm him.

im not a complete newbie, ive just wired it up correctly so dont know what else to do
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I posted this a while ago:

You probably shouldn't adjust anything except input gain. If you are brave enough, and only if you have a dac in which you can set the output to 30K without guessing the speed should you adjust any of the other pots. By default the DT-40's seem to be set for 40Kpps and should be changed to 30Kpps. Adjusting the pots without knowing what you are doing can be a bit dangerous. If you throw the scanner into feedback oscillation (which is very easy to do) you risk blowing the scanner and or amp.

David