Thread: Ball lens and can 9mm Id

Default Ball lens and can 9mm Id

Is there anyway without powering it up to tell if you have a 520 or 465 wavelength diode I seem to have several of these and am not sure whic they are. I can't fin any markings even under magnification.
    Thanks
    eDit
    Ended up just firing them all. Can anyone tell me if lens correction has been successful with the stock fixed ball lens or do I have to decan them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by polishedball; 12-11-2016 at 16:29.
    leading in trailing technology

I prefer to decan them and go with a known FL collimator, this way I always get the same beam properties from any supplier.
    Otherwise I should change cyl distance ie design of my modules every time gball lens is different.
    Stock lenses can vary from one block to another, and we also have no specs on that lenses.
    That said, if above is not your problem, yes, stock lens works well and you can save money and time. Sometimes focus is not
    perfect however, so a bit unfocused farfield spot. In my 08s, gball FL seems to be about 3mm, so shorter than G2.
    And Yes, you can correct with gball as you usually do with g2 with minor differences.

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    I prefer to decan them and go with a known FL collimator, this way I always get the same beam properties from any supplier.
    Otherwise I should change cyl distance ie design of my modules every time gball lens is different.
    Stock lenses can vary from one block to another, and we also have no specs on that lenses.
    That said, if above is not your problem, yes, stock lens works well and you can save money and time. Sometimes focus is not
    perfect however, so a bit unfocused farfield spot. In my 08s, gball FL seems to be about 3mm, so shorter than G2.
    And Yes, you can correct with gball as you usually do with g2 with minor differences.
    Thanks..........
    leading in trailing technology