Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MARQ Lighting Haze 700/800

Default MARQ Lighting Haze 700/800

Anyone have any experience with the MARQ hazers? I'm looking at the 700 or 800 DMX. Small room/venue use only. Water based.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You mean this one? http://www.guitarcenter.com/MARQ-Lig...#productDetail
    For the price, I'd give it a shot. One very positive review. I'm not overly familiar with Marq but, I did see a large booth of theirs at the Atlantic City DJ Expo last week. I think they're trying to be an up and coming competitor for American DJ and Chauvet. They seem to be a little less expensive for similar products. It will be interesting to follow their progress. I also think I have seen ads for Marq in Lighting and Sound America magazine.
    PM Sent...

I own the MARQ Haze 800 DMX. It's fantastic, runs quiet, has a fan to boost fog distribution, self-cleaning (just let the heater run two minutes.In addition to DMX control, the remote hand control is quit useful with controls for fog density, duration, and interval times. I run BlackLabel RayTracer low density fog juice through it. Best hazer I've owned. Highly recommend.

Just bought one of these brand new from Musicians Friend for $235 shipped and 6 months no interest on my Musicians Friend Platinum card. It was a price match against IDNOW.com Looking forward to giving it a complete review on here. (Got it for home use for programming in the basement but went bigger than their smallest unit just so it was a suitable backup for gigs.
    PM Sent...

Love my marq hazers I have 6

Arrived earlier this week. I realized with all the fluids I have, I don't think I have water based haze fluid. I have fog, oil based haze, quick dissipating and, very machine specific fluids that *might* work but, wanted to go with the right stuff so I ordered Froggy's Beam Splitter to start off with and it should be here Tuesday.
    PM Sent...

I use Black Label Ray Tracer low density fog juice in my MARQ 800. The haze particle size is small to reveal but not unnecessarily obstruct beams. It stays airborne a long time and I'm barely going through the stuff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raytracer.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	52320

Well.... I've gotten to play with it a little. Very solidly built. It's still more fazer than hazer as far as I'm concerned, since it's still heating fluid and ejecting it from a tiny nozzle in front of the fan but, very quick to warm up. Under two minutes. The fluid reservoir changes color from blue to red via LED once warmed up so it's an instant visual from a distance. I plugged it in outside and ran it there first and it does put out a copious volume when on high. Last night tried it in half of my ballroom and will say it more than sufficiently filled the space (64 x 52 x 14' ceiling) in just a matter of 2-3 minutes. It's going to be overkill for home use - I can see that already but, for $235, thus far I'm quite pleased. I'm going to try it next weekend when the place is set up for lighting and lasers in the full ballroom and see how it does for an event. Hang time is the next big question.
    PM Sent...

And... not even a few days later.... another $23 cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    So naturally......... I have two.
    PM Sent...

How would you compare it to the DF-50? More output? About the same?

Seriously thinking about getting one of these - especially if they will operate continuously...

Adam