Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Abstract laser show

Cool Pangolin Abstract laser show

Hey Guys!

I finally finished my first Pangolin laser show. It's a collection of original, full-color abstracts that I created with my QM-32 pro setup. It's set to music; specifically the song "Clocks", by ColdPlay. (Off the "A Rush of Blood to the Head" CD; track # 5) Sorry, but the mp3 music file is 4.7 megs so I can't upload it here. But everything else you need is included in the archive.

It took me a good bit of time to learn how to use the abstract generator. After a few hours of tinkering you sort of get the hang of it, but the longer you play around, the more you discover. I've still just scratched the surface, really. There's lots more that can be done, but I wanted to get this show finished, so as soon as I had enough unique patterns I started putting the show together.

I didn't get very fancy with the show, just basic effects really, because the abstracts are cool enough that I think they can stand on their own.

Anyway, if you've got Pangolin, go ahead and download the attached zip file and give it a whirl. Let me know what you think.

The entire show is released into the public domain. Feel free to use any show elements as you wish.

Adam

PS: Uploaded to TL's and Cruch's FTP sites too! (With the music)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buffo; 06-23-2007 at 16:10.

Is it a way to export your show in ILDA format, so I can play it with Mamba?

Smile

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I know I can output ilda frames, but I'm not sure how that works with the abstract generator. Let me do some checking and I'll see if there is a way. (Thought I remember Bill Benner talking about a work-around for this problem....)

Adam

FYI: There is a program called LFI player (it's free). It allows you to create abstract stuff and save it to ILDA files.

Buffo: Yeah an ILDA would Rock! I saw how to somewhere. So I'm sure you can. That's the same way you export to a FlashBack.

carmangary: I didn't know there was an abstract generator in there. Just found it and it Rocks! There is a PDF check it out for how to make and export an abstract.

Here is the link..
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfiplayer3d

Default ILDA from Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not sure. I know I can output ilda frames, but I'm not sure how that works with the abstract generator. Let me do some checking and I'll see if there is a way. (Thought I remember Bill Benner talking about a work-around for this problem....)

Adam
    If you created the lasershow in Pangolin's Showtime, (I have to remember this from the top of my head, as I don't have my Pangolin in front of me). Go to projector settings? then output settings. You will see a check box to outout to an ilda file. Then play your show at the end you will be prompted for a file name. It will then process your show as an ILDA file.

Cool

Love you handle, A. R. Gon! Welcome to PhotonLexicon...

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try. (Though I think that "save-to-ilda" is an added feature that isn't always enabled on all QM boards.?.)

Either way, I'll let you know what happens.

Adam

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi Adam

At last, another show for my QM32.
    Awesome.(digging I find this)
    BTW I like your other shows.(for QM2000).
    I'm starting to do my own shows but with QM intro. don't look good.

Thanks and cheers,
    ED

Smile

Hi Ed;

Glad you like the show. There is another show that I did for the QM32 that should still be available on the FTP server. It's my "Pop Music" beam show. There is a version for the QM32 and a version for the QM-2000.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the original and post it.

As far as making shows with the QM-2000 intro - it takes time, my friend. Some of my early shows are kind of rough, but the more shows you make, the better you'll get. Just keep practicing!

Adam

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hi Ed;
    Glad you like the show. There is another show that I did for the QM32 that should still be available on the FTP server. It's my "Pop Music" beam show. There is a version for the QM32 and a version for the QM-2000.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the original and post it.

As far as making shows with the QM-2000 intro - it takes time, my friend. Some of my early shows are kind of rough, but the more shows you make, the better you'll get. Just keep practicing!

Adam
    Thanks Adam

They change the password in the FTP, but I found the new one.
    And yes PopMusic are there. And also in the ILDASWAP mirror(folder).
    Downloaded extracted and played. WOW!
    Found the folder with the older version.
    Nice Music BTW.
    I remember nice times with that.
    And thanks for your advise, indeed take time to learn but I have time.
    So I have to practice.

Best regards and Cheers,
    Ed
    PS And sorry about my English