Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/12W RGB New v.2 ATENLASER MODULES with SPATIAL FILTER

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    These modules are beautiful Jordi!!!
    Many thanks Blowfy

Those are lovely little units. very neat and tidy indeed
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Fantastic work and some lovely clean output.

Only point I would raise is that if the 12W laser is 8W after the spacial filter, then it's really an 8W laser!

Many thanks White-Light

This is a point of view, but sorry IMO no, this is a 12W laser module with an spatial filter as an option. You can go without Spatial Filter to get all the power.

If you want lovely beams/graphics yes, you have to deal with power losses, you know. 12W very clean beam at this price point is impossible.
    We talk about losses in spatial filter as a negative fact, but it is not. Considerable % of multimode power is unusable 'trash' surrounding beam core. Such 'Trash' flashes people's eyes and decrease contrast in graphics and beam shows, filling the atmosphere full of light.
    Filtered beams are more ion-like. There is DARK between beams, There is DARK inside graphics, even at beam shows is noticeable.
    Power Meters do not take care on beam quality, human eyes yes...this is for laser show/graphics, you know.
    I love lasers, not flashing lights, this is why we work to get a very good divergence and cleaned beams, but this is an option.
    I'm not saying a SF is essential, of course not, It is a matter of personal preferences. I've enjoyed many laser shows etc with unfiltered beams, of course.