Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark III, March 1st-11th of 2017 (or March 4th-11th if you want 7 days)

Do we have a date on the public shows yet? I bumped into someone on Reddit who is arriving in Utila the same day as us (dive trip with Family) and they are asking for info on the public laser show stuff.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Do we have a date on the public shows yet? I bumped into someone on Reddit who is arriving in Utila the same day as us (dive trip with Family) and they are asking for info on the public laser show stuff.

:-)
    Awesome that you found a fellow redditor who will be on the island when we're there!

There will be two public outdoor laser shows. The first one will be at a private beach on the eastern end of the island (that is, east of the harbor). I don't know the name of the beach, nor do I know exactly where it is, as I haven't personally been to this location yet. Rich can probably shed more light on this. I do know that this first show will be on Saturday, March 4th, and will be more of an electronic dance music event with a DJ. (In other words, perfect music for lasers!)

The second show will be held either on Wednesday, March 8th or Thursday, March 9th, and it will be held at the public beach on the western edge of town. (Just past the Rehab bar!) This show will be a more eclectic mix of different music genres, as they plan to have two different DJ's and the local island band playing at the event. (That same band played at the show we did back in 2015 too.) A guy named Alfred is organizing things, so if your Reddit buddy knows someone on the island - that person has probably heard of Alfred before. (Note that the public beach is usually where "island functions" are held, and it's where we've done shows the past two times we've done Caribb-LEM.)

Is your reddit pal going to be staying at the Coral View resort with us, or is he booked at another place?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Awesome that you found a fellow redditor who will be on the island when we're there!

Is your reddit pal going to be staying at the Coral View resort with us, or is he booked at another place?

Adam
    Will relay the info! The person from Reddit is diving with a different operator. There was a thread on /r/scuba about Honduras/Utila and someone mentioned they were going to vacation there on the 1st. I was trying to figure out if it was someone from Rich's dive shop, but apparently they're from Canada and just happen to be coming in on the same day.

Get a picture and a name so you can find them at the laser party!

Adam

Guys, I need passport names and numbers so I can get the internal travel booked. Please PM or email asap.

Cheers
    Rich

Well I'll be damned...

Just got word that Faye *WILL* be in Utila to lead our dives for Caribb-LEM next month! She's currently in Thailand, but she is flying back to join our group. She's especially psyched about doing some more night dives! (Fortunately, I have a shiny new dive light just waiting to be used...)

So for you new folks, you'll get a chance to meet an island legend. (And for the veterans, we get an awesome dive master to lead our dives again, plus we have someone to lead the traditional pub-crawl!)

This trip just went from awesome to awesomer!

Adam

That's awesome for diving, but honestly, what made our pub crawl so great last time was that Jonathan and I *didn't* know where to go (or not to go), which made it a bit more exciting.

There were one or two places in retrospect perhaps we shouldn't have gone into.

But I'm glad to hear it's now the "Traditional" pub crawl!

Awesome night dive battle between a crab and an octopus..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TplU3WNOggQ

@Hank - Awesome video!!!!

Picked up equipment from service yesterday, will get it ready this week. Whoot.

When I look at google maps at the island of Utila, if you scroll left there are even smaller islands. One of them is named "suck suck cay." What on earth?

If *I* named the islands, I'd name it 56 Cay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6TSK-FnMY

I never posted these from last time. I took some photos from when flying into Utila.

These first three are from my main flight into San Pedro Sula on a 737 flying right over Utila.

This one is actually about 6 hours later flying into Utila on a Cessna 172:

Here a video of the final approach into the Utila International Airport complex. Yes, I was in the co-pilot seat. This plane only held three passengers and one pilot.

And upon arrival the Utila International Terminal A:

You can see all the ground equipment needed at such a busy airport. Cows included:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3439.JPG  

IMG_3448.JPG  

IMG_3443.JPG  

IMG_3422.JPG  

IMG_3420.JPG  

IMG_3417.JPG