Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark III, March 1st-11th of 2017 (or March 4th-11th if you want 7 days)

Yea I can't wait either. It is going to come round pretty quick! I might try and head out for a week in January just to check on things

I have had quiet a few bookings form the dive store here in CA. If you are interested in going now is the time to get your deposit in to reserve your spot.

Cheers
    Rich

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Rich - I believe I owe you a balance - just let me know how much. I think it's about $150 before figuring in an Advanced Open Water course.
    PM Sent...

Hi Brad,

Yes $150 balance for the trip. Advanced course and any other diving is additional and can be paid on site.

Cheers
    Rich

So tempting....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Well if it's tempting.... then DO it! Duh!!
    PM Sent...

Everyone excited? Definitely looking forward to some tropical diving and laser geekery!

I guess I should book my flight....

I might try to find a deal on a new-used dive computer before the trip. I'd like to score a Shearwater Petrel 2 EXT before the trip if I can find one at a good price. Heard some good and bad things about them (mostly annoying UI) but they seem neat.

I found a great deal on used/new scuba gear on Craigslist -- I was checking every week. I think I posted about it above -- got an entire kit with BCD, Octo, dive computer, regulator, weights, fins, etc for I think $1000. The BCD was brand new, never used. The rest was using once or twice.

On my last trip, I borrowed a Petrel from a friend... I liked it a lot.

Ethan, if you're interested in a computer, contact Rich. He is a dealer and can get some very competitive pricing on certain brands. He offered me a really good price on one two years ago, but I stupidly didn't take him up on it. (D'oh!)

As for being excited, hell yeah I'm excited! Can't wait to make this happen. Already got my flights and rooms booked and paid for, and now I'm starting to think of ways to pack extra lasers into my luggage so I can bring some toys with me! Also wondering how many dives I can cram into a 10-day vacation. For sure I will be doing at least 2 tanks a day, every day, plus I want to go on at least one more night dive - the last one on Utila was amazing!

Also, I did contact Faye (see pics above) about our trip, and there is a *slight* chance that she might be able to join us if her schedule allows it. She's certainly up for it, as she loves the island and doesn't mind hanging out with a bunch of laser weirdos! But she may not be able to get away... I'll keep everyone in the loop as we get closer though.

For those of you still on the fence about this trip, know this: There are 11 people signed up so far (including a few couples from Rich's dive shop). After Jan 1st, the remaining rooms at the resort will be opened up to the rest of Rich's clientele at the dive shop in Chino, CA. My guess is that they will scoop up the rooms pretty fast. So if your plan was to wait until the middle of February, you're likely to be disappointed. Book now and lock in your room!

Adam

Got the flight booked so I'm locked in for this. Counting the days...

Is anyone else headed for the 7 day trip or is everyone on the 10 day trip? Curious if I will be doing the charter flight solo or if other LEM'ers will be there.

Looking forward to it!

Checked my passport, it doesn't expire until 2018. Win!