Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark III, March 1st-11th of 2017 (or March 4th-11th if you want 7 days)

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Hmmm underwater tesla coil.

What song was it playing when it exploded?
    It's embarrassing to admit, but I was working on the controller to relocate the switches and pots to a different box, and I think I overheated the PCB and the processor. I'm pretty sure the coil itself is intact.

Flight question for Rich.

I'm flying from Newark to Houston Wednesday morning 3/1.. then Houston to SAP. But my layover in Houston is only 55 minutes.

While my EWR flight leaves at 5:05 am, EWR is notorious for delays. Also weather could be a factor.

The next available flight from IAH->SAP is the next day.

What happens if I miss in connecting flight to SAP on March 1st? How would I get to Utila?

thanks.

Good question. I'll have to speak with my agent. Scheduled flights only run on certain days. The best/fastest option might be to bus/taxi to La Ceiba and then take the ferry.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Flight question for Rich.

I'm flying from Newark to Houston Wednesday morning 3/1.. then Houston to SAP. But my layover in Houston is only 55 minutes.

While my EWR flight leaves at 5:05 am, EWR is notorious for delays. Also weather could be a factor.

The next available flight from IAH->SAP is the next day.

What happens if I miss in connecting flight to SAP on March 1st? How would I get to Utila?

thanks.

Hmm.. that got me looking into how to get from SAP to La Cieba.. Looks like there's a 3pm flight for $75.

But geeze, another tight connection -- it lands at 3:30pm, the ferry to Utila leaves at 4pm. It's 32 minutes car ride from the airport to the ferry.

I'm screwed.

Otherwise, it's a FOUR HOUR ride from SAP to La Cieba.

I wonder how much a charter would be from SAP to Utila.

We should see about getting everyone on a Skype call this weekend to chat about things like this... How does everyone's schedule look for Saturday, Feb 4th?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm good from about 10-11 am and then, maybe 2-3 pm. Probably once my event starts Saturday I can break away from that too in maybe the 6-8pm time frame.
    PM Sent...

I'm pretty open over the weekend.

I will adjust my schedule to meet your schedule this weekend! Just let me know when and what platform.

OK, we are set up for a conference call using Skype on Saturday, Feb 4th at 12 noon Eastern time. (9 AM Pacific)

I sent an e-mail to everyone who is signed up, and I also copied in several folks who were interested in the trip. Unfortunately, I didn't have current e-mail addresses for everyone, so I used the best I had, which was the PayPal addresses I had on file from SELEM. Hope those are still valid for folks...

The idea is to use the conference call to answer questions about the trip and kick around some ideas regarding what we want to do while we're on the island. It will also help to introduce everyone to each other! And if anyone is still on the fence about signing up, by all means please call in and join the discussion.

To find me on Skype, it's easier to search for the e-mail account I used to register: buffomounie@gmail.com. Once you click on the search result (there will only be one), you'll see my name. Just send me a contact request with your name and I will add you to my list. If you get stuck, just call me on my cell phone and I'll help you get things set up. Also, I will likely be on my headset with Skype running for several hours before the scheduled call, so if you're on-line and it's early, you can still call me and I'll be able to pick up and add you to the group call.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If my wedding tour at noon no shows, I'll be able to hop on for a bit.
    PM Sent...