Hi Werner;

I think they're blowing smoke. I also think that they either don't realize the foolishness of their statements, or they don't want to admit that their software breaks the standard test method that the ILDA test pattern is made to work with. (If it's so simple to "edit" the pattern to make it work with their software, why didn't they include an edited version of the pattern with their software so their users could tune accurately?)

Plus, having spent some time with Bill Benner, I can tell you that you can take what he says to the bank when it comes to scanner tuning. Besides, we saw first hand at our FLEM gathering back in January that having the wrong software or controller can make an otherwise awesome pair of galvos look like crap.

I realize that you're probably on a budget (like the rest of us!) but if there's any way that you can upgrade, you may want to consider doing so. One package that is currently available that would offer you a large leap in performance for not a lot of money would be the new Pangolin LA Freak software with the Flashback 3 controller. The entire package can be had for just $500. I know that's still a good bit of money, but it's less than half the cost of a Pangolin QM-2000 intro system, and easily $300 less than Mamba Black + Easylase USB.

Give it some thought...

Adam