Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 3W 660nm Module (with 5W C-mount FAC diode) $425 Fast Analog

Default FS: 3W 660nm Module (with 5W C-mount FAC diode) $400 Fast Analog

Up for sale is my 3W C-mount red labby with 5W FAC diode! I am broke now and reeeaaally need the cash...

The laser diode is driven by a PLD5000 laser diode driver (these alone run ~$100) and is currently set at 4A, which gives 2.9W in the current setup. This laser diode can safely take more current (especially with additional TEC cooling) and the driver can be easily configured to run 5A, which would likely give 4W out. The whole setup is powered by a DC power supply that runs on 110VAC.

Fast analog modulation up to 150kHz is accessible via two leads on the driver. For CW operation, leave these shorted.

The laser head is small and meant for incorporation into an end user's heatsinked setup. Do not run this module without additional heatsinking for more than a couple minutes at a time. For best results, the head should be TEC cooled as these diodes run much better cold than warm, both for longer lifetime and increased brightness from spectral blue-shifting, as well as an actual increase in power output. Furthermore, I am not sure on the AR coating on the lens, but I think it is for 808nm. A 650nm coated lens would likely provide an additional power boost.

The laser diode was brand new when I got it, and has been used for less than an hour for a few small demos, and was never implemented into a laser show setup or similar.

I want $425 shipped to the US (PP gift or pay the fees) and for international shipping, contact me for shipping quote.
    Sept1 I'd go $400!

I know I don't have many posts here, but I am styropyro on LPF and have sold lots of stuff over the years there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red2.jpeg  

rdd1.jpeg  

Last edited by fluoronium; 09-01-2016 at 15:34.

Is it possible to fit that flashlight beam into a scanner mirror?
    What size is the beam?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Someone on another forum told him this would be the place to list it, I guess the beam is rather wide for a galvo mirror, how about if telescoped down?
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Someone on another forum told him this would be the place to list it, I guess the beam is rather wide for a galvo mirror, how about if telescoped down?
    Divergence is probably pretty bad as is, so that'd get worse. Worth the trade-off? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Is it possible to fit that flashlight beam into a scanner mirror?
    What size is the beam?
    At aperture the beam is a line about 1cm long, so yeah it has a pretty thick beam.

Planters has a good video on these diodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9z5ioZhNjE

These diodes are worth more than 425 honestly and you can't get a cheaper option for 660nm. Knife edging would produce an even larger beam and a larger setup.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/2-...ml#post1201538
    Lazeerer made this awesome pointer out of one of them.

No one seriously bought this yet? Darn I was thinking of selling mine that's brand new on here but if no one wants these I don't see how I can.

What is the emitter size, anyone know? 400x100um?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    What is the emitter size, anyone know? 400x100um?
    I don't know exactly but it's damn way smaller than a knife edge setup at that equal power.

I was wondering because if a big multimode emitter, then the worse the divergence.