Thread: laser world of photonics 2007

Default laser world of photonics 2007

Last week the laser world of photonics 2007 trade fair was held in Munich. It gave a good overview of all the players in this industry and the numerous applications of laser technology in general. Lasershow technology wasn't represented that much, most applications were towards positioning, cutting, engraving, measurement etc. There were a lot of optics companies including the (to us) well known Edmund Optics. And of course there were many lasers set up to be admired. I put some pics op in my gallery which gives a very brief overview of what was a full day's visit. The fair was huge!
    Particularly interesing is the 442-449nm diode technology. HB-Laserkomponenten and Laser 2007 use these diodes instead of the troublesome 473DPSS in their projectors. I expect that these diodes will become the default blue component in display systems - looking forward to it actually

Wow, I want the BluePhoton 1-watt 445nm laser diode

What can be the price of these units??

I guess my thoughts of a wallbuster huge DPSS laser is not out of the question anymore. How about a nice 5 watter that doesn't need a cool drink. Since they are new...I would estimate you could buy a nice home for the price of one of those guys. Maybe the lower power stuff will come down....always wanted a 1 watt 532nm unit.....they are still too pricy for me. I am having enough troubles keeping 473nm going. Thanks for the pix....nice to go and look at new toys.....
    Last edited by MechEng3; 06-26-2007 at 12:01.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

A nice home certainly not, but a little car I think