Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come One Come All!! A Laser Party!!! Whooo-Haa

Default Come One Come All!! A Laser Party!!! Whooo-Haa

PhotonLexicon--
    This year's SELEM

<edit>...

-------------------------------------------UPDATING---DETAILS COMING SOON-------------------------

Grab your lasers and come on over!!! We'll have a Laserfest-blast-and-a-half!

Please disregard picture below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pariwebcam6.jpeg  

3727483239.jpeg  

Last edited by steve-o; 06-27-2007 at 08:26. Reason: location change

Very nice. Glad you found a cool place.

Smile

So how about it, Carmangary? Feel like making the trip all the way from Texas? I know it's a hell of a haul, but it promises to be a great time!

Seriously - Give it some thought pal... We'd love to have you.

Adam

Seriously - Give it some thought pal... We'd love to have you.
    Absolutely, it is a great way for folks to get together and put faces to these "screen names". Plus it is a huge learning experience for all that attend. Only bad thing, is that it can hurt your wallet... Just look at how many FLEM folks are now Pangolin owners...

David

Cool Majority of FLEM laserists now Pangolin users!

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    Only bad thing, is that it can hurt your wallet... Just look at how many FLEM folks are now Pangolin owners...
    HAHA! I never thought of that, but you're right David! Out of all the guests that attended FLEM, I can think of only 9 that were actual laserists and members of PhotonLexicon:

Allthatwhichis
    Astroguy
    Buffo
    Clandestiny
    Dzurcher
    K-car
    Marconi
    Pangolin
    Spec

Now, Clandestiny, Dzurcher, and Spec already had Pangolin setups. (Pangolin is, of course, Bill Benner, who is president of Pangolin, so it goes without saying that he, too, already had a Pangolin setup!)

I don't know what Marconi and K-car (his significant other) have at their house, but I suspect they might also have Pangolin. (Could be wrong though.)

But today, not 5 months after FLEM, Allthatwhichis, Astroguy, and Buffo are all running Pangolin! So if I'm right that Marconi and K-car actually had Pangolin from the start, then it's a clean sweep! All 9 attendees are running Pangolin now! If I'm incorrect about Marconi and K-car, that still means that we went from 4 Pangolin users to 7 Pangolin users after just a single event!

Anyone sorry they upgraded? I didn't think so!

All kidding aside about burning holes in your wallet and melting your credit cards, the event in Florida was a complete blast. It's not just the lasers and the shows and the music, etc... It's meeting the *really* cool people we've got here on PhotonLexicon. As David said - putting the names with the faces. And learning a *lot* about the equipment in the process. Serious good fun!

So if you've got some vacation time saved up, Carmangary, come on over to North Carolina and join us for SELEM this summer! I promise you'll have a great time.

Adam

For sign-up and more info on SELEM 2007 please re-direct to this link.

Angry PARI is out! Too expensive...

All stop people! All stop!

I just got an e-mail from David Clavier at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute detailing the costs of having our SELEM gathering at the observatory.

Are you sitting down?

$3000.00!!!!

Yes, that's three THOUSAND dollars folks. 3 grand.

Shit. That's quite a bit more than we had hoped. (Like, an order of magnitude larger...)

Back to the drawing board... I'm going to call the Catawba Valley Arts and Science Center back and see if I can get any more leads from them. (They had a couple other buildings that they thought might work.)

Adam

Lightbulb

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yeah, that was about the sequence of my reactions as I read the letter too. I sort of stuck on the "OH NOES!!!" part for a while though.

Now I've got my head screwed back on straight though, and tomorrow I've got some calls to make. Don't worry - we'll get there yet!

Adam

SHIT-FIRE THAT'S HIGH. Oh well, I kinda wanted a toddy or 2 (not roaring drunk- just a happy buzz) so it maybe just as well.
    Plus I smoke and the whole complex maybe probably non-smoking so probably ok. Sounds like both sides of the pond are having problems with this this year.
    We could have it in my front yard if Y'all want to drive to Virginia