Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Newbie - is there such a thing as ILDA "Clip Art"??

Default Complete Newbie - is there such a thing as ILDA "Clip Art"??

Hi All

I am sooo relieved to find this community

I have just got a LASERWORLD PRO 800 RGB laser to use at pool parties within a sports centre

I understand that it plays ILDA files from the SD card but I am having real difficulties getting the LASERWORLD SHOWEDITOR to work

I tried some simple text but can't even get that to work

I was feeling quite alone trying to get my head around everything as I could not find much guidance - and then I found this site

I need to put something together for a halloween party and found a single free ILDA file on the internet that actually worked when I loaded it into the projector via the SD card and a .prg file (it was the "ghost" Halloween one from here: http://lasergraffiti.weebly.com/rgb-...downloads.html )

I found some ILDA files on this site but they didn't seem to work with my laser

I also found some free "lightshows" on the LASERWORLD website - but these play in the SHOWEDITOR software but I am unable to convert the frames into ILD format (I am assuming they are protected?)

I am looking for somewhere where I can download/buy a library of ILDA graphics/animations that I can use (eg Halloween, Christmas, Beach Party, Birthday etc.) - similar to buying a clipart disc for desktop publishing

Does such a resource exist?

I am not sure I have the time (or more importantly the skill!) to create my own animations so would prefer a library of images I can use to build my "shows"

I am not wanting to sync with music or create lightshows - I just want some themed images showing on the wall during different parties throughout the year

Can anyone point a complete newbie in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Boydie

A while ago there used to be an FTP server with a ton of ILDAs. I have no idea if it's still up but if you search old posts you might find it.

Thanks BLOWFLY

I did find lots of references to the FTP, and even got to a login screen, but the logins I found were all old and didn't work

I also saw a reference about the FTP now being "locked down", which is understandable as I guess the community does not want people simply plundering the hours (and hour and hours) of work that has gone in to creating (I have spent hours trying to suss out SHOWEDITOR and have nothing to show for it!)

I suspect the ftp is still there for this community to share/swap but being a complete newbie to this forum (and the laser show community) I have no idea how to become a part of the community to get access to the ftp or some ILDA files

I obviously don't have anything of value to swap

Perhaps the first rule of "ILDA club" is to not talk about "ILDA club"

Would a donation to the forum help?

If any admin or users "in the know" could drop me a PM to help me understand how things work it would be much appreciated

Is SHOWEDITOR the best option for me to create ILDA files - I have seen some other free packages mentioned but will these work with my laser unit?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

FTP is still up and running.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-November-2011

If you have problems loading in Ilda files try converting them to format 0 using my batch convertor: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...atch-convertor

If that still doesn't work send me some files that work and I'll see in what format they need to be.

Thank you so much colouredmirrorball, that is very generous of you and it sounds like you will be able to set me off in the right direction! (I didn't understand the different ILDA formats so that could be one of the issues)

The ILDA file that did work was this one:http://lasergraffiti.weebly.com/uplo...2/haloween.ild

It doesn't look like the preview image on the webpage when I load it in to my laser (the preview image is here: http://lasergraffiti.weebly.com/uplo...40770_orig.gif )but it is a ghost with the words "Happy Halloween" so I am happy

If you are able to let me know the format of this particular ILDA that would be great

Thank you so much for your help with this

I'm having trouble accessing that website. Try uploading the files as an attachment here.

Also take a picture of the mangled output, maybe it's something that can be solved in a simple way. LaserBoy has some tools that can fix colour offset issues and such, typically found in SD card projectors.

Awesome

I will do this tonight

Thanks again

@ COLOUREDMIRRORBALL

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much - I feel like I am getting somewhere

I have managed to get the attached ILDA file from the FTP and it loads in to my laser

HALLOWEEN FRAMES ild.ild

So whatever format this ILDA file is it works

The issue I have now is the timing of the "animation" as some of the images (frames?) only flash up for a split second if they are single images - but the animated ones (eg bats flying) look great

I don't need to sync to music but does anyone have any pointers on how I can keep the single images "on screen" for longer without affecting the animated ones

I am using LASERWORLD SHOWEDITOR FREE

I am soooo close to getting what I need so thank you for your help

Yup those are ilda format 0 frames.

Some images are just static images. You'll need to repeat them. Open the .prg file in a text editor and see if there is some parameter you can change. Sometimes there's a "repeat" or "duration" parameter.

I am frustratingly close with the "HALLOWEEN FRAMES ild.ild" that I posted

When I load the ILDA file "as is" the quality of the laser images & animations are great but all of the static frames just go past too fast

I tried importing the ILDA file into my SHOWEDITOR software to duplicate some frames but I do not have a "FORMAT 0" output option?

The manual recommends ILDA File Type 6 (Chinese ILDA SD-Player) but when I export using this setting the laser displays a much smaller image and the quality seems to be much lower (eg I can see the "beam spots" on the images, which were not showing so much on the larger images when I played the same ILDA file directly

Is there another software alternative as I am finding SHOWEDITOR a bit of a nightmare!?!??!

Ideally I would want software that can import ILDA files, allow me to extract frames/animations and then load them to an SD card in ILDA FORMAT 0 (or allow me to easily duplicate frames to make the static frames stay "on screen" for longer

Any ideas or recommendations?