Thread: How to be approved/varianced to use the largest number of lasers

Default How to be approved/varianced to use the largest number of lasers

So question regarding variances. I have a variance that I got through X-laser when I bought a few of their units to practice/learn on. So my variance says for X-Lasers only all over it.

Now I'm starting to get larger shows where higher powered lasers are needed then the ones I own, if I rent lasers from a 3rd party what do I need to be approved or certified to use these devices? Can I file a new variance with broader terms so I can get approved for a larger number of projectors? Or does the variance only need to be held by the owner of the projector and not necessarily the operator? And if this is the case is there any sort of operator variance besides just a full LSO? Is there other paperwork that I need to fill out to become more official then just a projector variance?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, just keep getting more and more into legit shows and trying to make sure my paperwork is in order before I get in trouble for something I didn't know I needed.

Give me a call at the office or shoot me an email at your convenience, I can provide some further information for you.

Adam@x-laser.com

Thanks!