Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scanner tuning at Selem?

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    andy_con,

Sure, my DT-40's can display just about anything without flicker. That doesn't mean that it will look like what its suppose to. To display the ILDA test pattern without flicker is not the point of displaying the ILDA test pattern. The point is to display it at 30K and tune your amps. At 30K there is plenty of flicker in the image. Without a DAC that you can specify the output to be 30K, then the ILDA test pattern is useless..

David
    ok i see, my dac does not give me speeds eg 30k

hopefully when i upgrade my dac i can sort this out.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi guys,

It is sometimes hard for me to check this forum on a routine and timely basis. Please do keep in touch with me through email regarding any PL gatherings. If possible, Hayden and I will both do our best to attend.

Regarding a scanner tuning workshop, I would be happy to conduct one, or to work along side of Steve. If there is interest, I can also discuss ancillary topics such as what is important for good scanning such as proper mirror thickness, mounting and heat sinking, etc. and even get into the internals of scanners and amps if desired...

Regarding the comment >>I don't think it is a DAC issue. I have the easylase DAC.<<, I'll let someone else comment about what was discovered about this during FLEM

Best regards,

William Benner

Cool

Regarding the comment >>I don't think it is a DAC issue. I have the easylase DAC.<<, I'll let someone else comment about what was discovered about this during FLEM
    I'll field that one...

The Easylase USB DAC exhibited noticable sample jitter when we tested it at SELEM. When we disconnected it and plugged the projector into DZurchers Pangolin board, the jitter vanished.

This was enough to convince the member to sell his easylase DAC and buy a Pangolin QM-2000 board! (One of three people that converted to Pangolin as a result of that meeting...)

Adam

someone(buffo i think)mentioned video taping the scanner tuning seminar if it takes place at selem.
    one of our members ,whose name i now forget but who lives in south africa,posted this morning needing help in this area.
    it occurs to me that he at least could benefit from having this info available on video.
    peace,
    wes

edit cuz i called buffo, boffo.)

edit two.it's werner1619 who posted from south africa.
    Last edited by wes; 06-28-2007 at 08:22.

No problem Wes... I answer to just about anything - I'm married, remember?

Good point about using video to help some of our other members that can't attend the event in person. If I can manage to get some good video of the scanner tuning process, I'll edit it together into a little instructional clip and we can post it on the FTP server.

Adam

Lightbulb

If there is enough bandwidth there could be a netmeeting session set up at the event and maybe have a scanner tuning video conference...

The venues we're looking at now do not come with any sort of internet connection. (Sorry) PARI was the location that offered high-speed internet, but they were just too expensive.

Adam

if someone videos it ill host it on my site, i have unlimted sotrage and bandwidth
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thats a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    someone(buffo i think)mentioned video taping the scanner tuning seminar if it takes place at selem.
    one of our members ,whose name i now forget but who lives in south africa,posted this morning needing help in this area.
    it occurs to me that he at least could benefit from having this info available on video.
    peace,
    wes

edit cuz i called buffo, boffo.)

edit two.it's werner1619 who posted from south africa.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/