Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helios - Open source, low cost DAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Hey Grix! I've got my Helios working with Maxwell, but how about an update on LSX support?

Cheers!

-David
    Last I spoke to Andrew he said "Adding support will happen over the next few weeks. I'm nearly complete with the laserdock, and yours will be next." This was nearly a month ago, so it probably won't be long now. But I'm sure he's very busy these days, he just had a new son, and also Christmas and all that is coming up.

Hi, I have added Helios to LSX in the latest update, and consider it in 'alpha' form right now. There appear to be occasional dropouts on lower point count frames currently, but we're working out the details. Already, I see an improvement on DAC performance through our collaboration.

Hey there Andrew good to see you dropping by!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi, I have added Helios to LSX in the latest update, and consider it in 'alpha' form right now. There appear to be occasional dropouts on lower point count frames currently, but we're working out the details. Already, I see an improvement on DAC performance through our collaboration.
    I just got my Helios running with LSX. By my count, that's 13 types of DACs currently supported by LSX!

In order for Helios to be seen by LSX, a firmware update for the DAC was required. I followed the directions on Grix's site and voila - a new, inexpensive USB powered DAC ready to go with LSX and Maxwell. Keep up the great work, guys!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Helios currently supports Lasershow Xpress (LSX), LasershowGen and Maxwell natively. More software, including Spaghetti Laser Show, TouchDesigner
    How is TouchDesigner supported? Via python scripting?

Quote Originally Posted by scnlns View Post
    How is TouchDesigner supported? Via python scripting?
    It's not supported just yet I think, and I'm not sure of the technical details as I don't use the program much myself, but the makers have a Helios unit and have said they will add support for it themselves

Received HeliosDAC last night. Will try to add support for it to Spaghetti today in my free time.

Added it to Spaghetti today so support will be in the next release.

The version of Spaghetti with Helios support is now out! Thanks a lot Gary!

In other news, I've sold out the first batch of DACs. So currently it is out of stock on my stores, but there's still some in stock at Innolasers: https://innolasers.com/shop/index.ph...roller=product
    New batch is in production and should be ready in some weeks.

I'm glad to hear these are selling well, Grix. They are a fantastic value and I plan on picking up a few more in the coming months.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"