Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: FB3 / LA FREAK Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Smartmedia is more plentiful than would at first appear. Yes, the stock on grocery store shelves seems to have dwindled, but professional memory suppliers and other places (like eBay) still have a lot to offer.

Also, don't forget that this memory is only used when the FB3 is running in stand-alone or DMX-controlled mode, and I suspect most people on this forum will mostly run it connected to a computer.

Nevertheless, the latest version of the FB3 supports both SmartMedia as well as XD Picturecard (the Olympus format). XD is really plentiful as well.

Best regards,

William Benner
    When is the new version available Bill?

Does the smaller size of the xd card mean the FB3's will be even smaller :O
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool

Even smaller? Damn! The thing is the size of a credit card now. If it gets any smaller I'd be afraid of breaking it!

They are cool little units though. I got a chance to see a couple of them a few months ago when I visited Pangolin's office in Orlando. Neat looking boards, but *MAN* are they compact...

Adam

Hi Dave,

The new FB with XD support should be available within a few weeks. We started shipping them to one of our big clients already, but still don't have any extras in stock right now.

They are the same size as the older FB. The only difference is the connector. We used a connector that can accomodate either SmartMedia or XD. The XD just slides in "above" the Smartmedia.

Best regards,

William Benner

its a shame these boards use SD cards. I've got 200 of them

I heard the LivePRO is not included anymore with the FB3.
    This is for the LA FREAK and normal version.
    Can somebody confirm this?
    Looks like I'm just too late with ordering and need to pay
    around 700 dollar more for this nice software

Hi Uncleworm,

What you heard is true. LivePRO is not included "any more". However, LivePRO was only included initially due to a clerical / CD burning error here at Pangolin.

For NEO-NEON, we produce a special FB3 and LivePRO bundle just for them. When we do this, it came with a special CD. Later, when we first started shipping the "LA-FREAK" package for hobbyists, LivePRO was included on the CD, mostly because of "momentum" reasons (we just kept burning the same CD over and over). Later, a dealer brought to our attention that LivePRO was being included even on the hobbyist packages. This was not our initial intention, but it did happen with a few packages that went out the door. That's why a few of you received LivePRO as well, and some of you did not.

But also let me point out a few things:

First, the LAStudio (which is the "LA" part of "LA-FREAK") does have a Live Controller portion which is built into the ShowRider timeline application. That Live Controller is a predecessor to LivePRO and it is quite capable.

Second, the whole intention of the LA-FREAK package is for hobbyists and laser enthusiasts to use, essentially for non-commercial purposes. If a person is wanting to use LivePRO, then it inclines me to believe that the person has a commercial use. If that is the case, then maybe they should be using a more commercial version of Pangolin software, such as the LD2000 package, or a purchased version of LivePRO...

Third, even without LivePRO included, we still think this is a fantastic deal. You get both software and hardware including two separate Live controllers (LiveQUICK and LAStudio Live) whereas most other software packages on the market don't include any Live control capability at all...

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Second, the whole intention of the LA-FREAK package is for hobbyists and laser enthusiasts to use, essentially for non-commercial purposes. If a person is wanting to use LivePRO, then it inclines me to believe that the person has a commercial use. If that is the case, then maybe they should be using a more commercial version of Pangolin software, such as the LD2000 package, or a purchased version of LivePRO...
    Exactly what I did, I realized laser-business is really interesting and I would like to start doing commercial rental when the projector is finished. I bought a license of LivePro for use with my FB3-board.

However, I've the idea to sell the FB3 (NOT with livepro!) and go for the QM2000.NET solution. I quite like programming lasershows to music, and I can start doing that a "professional" way with the Intro-package.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    sell the FB3 (NOT with livepro!) and go for the QM2000.NET solution
    LivePRO USB will not work with the QM2000, just in case that's what you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    LivePRO USB will not work with the QM2000, just in case that's what you're thinking.
    Thanks for warning, but I know (won't be a problem in this case).