Thread: Discoscan 2.0 installation

Default Discoscan 2.0 installation

Hi guys
    I nust bought a disco scan 2.0 lens and i want to know if some of you had advice for the installation with the stock bracket ??

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The key to the disco scan lens is getting the proper distance from your scanners to the lens itself. The "stock" bracket I have is made for the actual projector I bought it with (Clubmax 1800). The problem of course with selling the discoscan lens is Pangolin has no way or knowing how far back inside a projector case someone's scanners are mounted. You may have to tweak and experiment with something to get the best results.
    PM Sent...

Am i suppose to mount it the closest possible to the scanner ?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes. Generally if I recall, that was the idea. Particularly with the first version. 2.0 seems to actually be able to be much further from the scanners.
    PM Sent...

I followed these instructions on youtube and had no issues installing my disco scan 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-7lGvRqS4

I initially had trouble getting the lens to focus, but it turned out to be a faulty unit and Pangolin happily replaced it. If you get yours mounted and still have trouble I suggest you reach out, their customer support is great. Just send them some photos of what's going on.