Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I extract xy coordinates values from ILDA file??

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The Hilbert curve from wiki is in SVG format. Isn't there a way to convert SVG to ILDA? Maybe SVG to DXF to ILDA?

If nothing else, you could pick out the 2D coordinates from the SVG data segment and reformat that into LaserBoy 2D text format.

James.
    ildsos will convert svg to ilda.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

For some hands-on javascript fun... here is a jdfiddle page that cmb and I developed a while back that will display the raw data from an ILDA file in your browser... I will have to search around a bit for a drag-and-drop utility I made to extract the raw points and color data from an ILDA file.

http://jsfiddle.net/wj7tsqLe/8/

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I like the txt in txt out functionality a lot.
    It makes all kinds of crazy workflows possible.

Inkscape=>ZoofOLA=>ildsos=>laserboy=>txt=>excel=>t xt=>laserboy=>Beyond
    First if all, I'm glad to see that you are getting some good use out of my work!

Would you mind if I ask what you are doing with the text in excel?

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

For some hands-on javascript fun... here is a jdfiddle page that cmb and I developed a while back that will display the raw data from an ILDA file in your browser... I will have to search around a bit for a drag-and-drop utility I made to extract the raw points and color data from an ILDA file.

http://jsfiddle.net/wj7tsqLe/8/
    This is neat!

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    This is neat!

-Sal
    I should have linked to the version that omits all point optimization... its fairly easy to turn off if you follow the source, but here is a version that has point optimizations turned off (i.e., not extra points added to input matrix)

http://jsfiddle.net/wj7tsqLe/10/

Note: I am working on a simple little drag-n-drop app that will output a json array in the ILDA format (x,y,rgb)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    First if all, I'm glad to see that you are getting some good use out of my work!

Would you mind if I ask what you are doing with the text in excel?

James.
    This particular workflow is only an example. Often I create abstracts in excel that I then import into LB, or I import txt into excel, to make nitpicky anchor and timing adjustments, specific color effects and recolors.

By the way,
    -are the default settings in the [x] menu saved in a config file ? (or can they be?)
    -can the amount of dot enhancing be set ? It's rather generous with points right now.

Yes. All of the settable parameters are saved when you save a wtf file. LaserBoy.wtf gets loaded wver time you open the app.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    I should have linked to the version that omits all point optimization... its fairly easy to turn off if you follow the source, but here is a version that has point optimizations turned off (i.e., not extra points added to input matrix)

http://jsfiddle.net/wj7tsqLe/10/

Note: I am working on a simple little drag-n-drop app that will output a json array in the ILDA format (x,y,rgb)
    mmmmmmm....gooey JSON goodness

-Sal

Ok, I dusted off some of the old grungy parts of my file system and dug up this little utility I had worked on several years ago.

I think it is a pretty easy to use utility to do exactly what the OP was asking for - and I am not sure if I have seen anything as dirt simple.

It is a tiny little utility App that allows you to simply drag-n-drop an ILDA file onto the App - it will parse the file, show the frame (or frames), show some basic IDLA metadata, and allow you to export specific frames to a JSON file - the JSON file is simply an array of points extracted from the ILDA file - in ILDA spec (16 bit signed ints for X & Y, RGB for color).

You can then use the array in the JSON file to display a frame in the jsfiiddle web app referenced above - or use the points for whatever purpose is needed.

Here is a video showing it working:

And CLICK HERE to download the App.

p.s. Source code is coming soon - will check it into github for those interested... (note - will require Max/MSP to build - but the file parsing is actually written in javascript, so it should be pretty easy to follow).

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

what a great little app!

can you edit frames, too? i've never really found a frame editor i like.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    Ok, I dusted off some of the old grungy parts of my file system and dug up this little utility I had worked on several years ago.

I think it is a pretty easy to use utility to do exactly what the OP was asking for - and I am not sure if I have seen anything as dirt simple.

It is a tiny little utility App that allows you to simply drag-n-drop an ILDA file onto the App - it will parse the file, show the frame (or frames), show some basic IDLA metadata, and allow you to export specific frames to a JSON file - the JSON file is simply an array of points extracted from the ILDA file - in ILDA spec (16 bit signed ints for X & Y, RGB for color).

You can then use the array in the JSON file to display a frame in the jsfiiddle web app referenced above - or use the points for whatever purpose is needed.

Here is a video showing it working:

And CLICK HERE to download the App.

p.s. Source code is coming soon - will check it into github for those interested... (note - will require Max/MSP to build - but the file parsing is actually written in javascript, so it should be pretty easy to follow).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.