Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I extract xy coordinates values from ILDA file??

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    what a great little app!

can you edit frames, too? i've never really found a frame editor i like.

Me neither...

btw... let me get this straight... you like Maxwell, but you also want it to have a timeline for editing purposes, and now you want an easy to use frame editor as well - heck, we should just go ahead and add in spline curve drawing, a scriptable effects engine, and multiple universe support while we are at it.

Let me know when you have secured the funding for this new endeavor... I'll jump right in!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

if i could, i would throw a lot of money at you.

and send you some sneaky sneks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    Me neither...

btw... let me get this straight... you like Maxwell, but you also want it to have a timeline for editing purposes, and now you want an easy to use frame editor as well - heck, we should just go ahead and add in spline curve drawing, a scriptable effects engine, and multiple universe support while we are at it.

Let me know when you have secured the funding for this new endeavor... I'll jump right in!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    if i could, i would throw a lot of money at you.

and send you some sneaky sneks.

Well... If I could get some of my dang snekies to make beby snekies - that would certainly help fund extracurricular activities a bit...but no, Norman gets cold feet every time he hangs out with the girls...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    For some hands-on javascript fun... here is a jdfiddle page that cmb and I developed a while back that will display the raw data from an ILDA file in your browser... I will have to search around a bit for a drag-and-drop utility I made to extract the raw points and color data from an ILDA file.

http://jsfiddle.net/wj7tsqLe/8/
    Necrothread bump!

Bluefang -- this looks like a great little script -- I'm trying to run the JSFIDDLE, but I'm getting a console error " Uncaught ReferenceError: $V is not defined". Any idea what $V is supposed to be? Thank you.

-Hank

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If you have access to DOS, XP, Seven, DOS Emulator, etc:

Archives and Download - Download Index - www.LaserFX.com

ILDAREAD is still there... Probably less cumbersome then trying to get a certain 640x480 program to run on a modern screen.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Ok it's time for another shameless plug for LaserBoy.

I have literally pounded the text in and out of vector space concept nearly to death.

LB can import and export all kinds of tabular numeric data in plain text in several different formats representing frames, palettes, color tables, frames with local rgb, coordinate values in signed short integer, unit or real number space and colors as rgb byte triplets or 24-bit hexadecimal notation.

It can also read instructions for rendering fonts for animated text effects and there is a whole new language called LaserBoy_Liquid_Math that is a plain text full color 3D vector frame_set graphing calculator that can manage multiple frame_sets as computational entities. It's nucking futs man!

The LaserBoy installation zip comes with quite a bit of documentation and examples.

Then there's all the other stuff LB can do as well.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Sorry for the confusion guys. I bumped this really really old thread to see if BlueFang could debug the JSFiddle script he posted years ago. I'd like to use a Javascript ILDA file renderer for a browser app.

That's all. No desktop, windows, mac or other platform. Just Javascript!

I found this other library that works really great: https://github.com/possan/ilda.js

But I can't get it to understand the raw byte order from an ILDA file pulled down from the web. I can get the raw ILDA bytes into a local variable, but I can't get his script to read the bytes correctly. If anyone wants to give it a shot, please feel free. I can send the code I added to pull down an ILDA file from a URL, but that's where I got stuck. Thank you!

Perhaps it's an ILDA format issue. There are 4 different frame formats. 3D and 2D frames that use a color index into a palette and 3D and 2D frames that have rgb values with the vector coordinates.

These are sections 0, 1, 4 and 5 in that order.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

No, it's not a format problem, it's a byte array order problem I can't figure out. When you drag and drop a local file into the javascript page, it loads it as a nice byte order array. But when I fetch a file from the web, it's not in that same format. I'll try to put up an example page later today or tomorrow so you can see. When I'm testing this, it's the same file in both scenarios.

It sounds like the local file is the actual binary version and the url is coming in uu code. It's a whole mess of visible ascii characters. Each character represents 6 bits. 4 of those characters in a row translate to 24 bits or 3 binary bytes. This is how all binary files move over http. Because http is an ascii only transmission protocol.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials