Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analog Vs. TTL.....

Not sure if it was directly stated in the master's thesis above but if you hook up TTL to an anolog input that expects 0 to 5v you might not be fully turning the laser on and off since the low TTL may be slightly > than 0V and the high TTL may be less than 5V.

I have an analog diode driver but I can adjust the low and high so I can adjust it to give me the proper outputs regardless of it I hook it up to TTL or analog outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Okay, the way I see it is analog lets you adjust power level of your laser all the way to off and TTL is basically on or off. Right? So, I have heard that you cannot feed an analog laser driver with TTL. How would I go about converting a TTL signal to analog. I know it's a step backwards but I don't have a choice as of yet and want to upgrade certain components for the future. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!
    Adam
    hehe,we had the TTL and analog laser both in one PCB,you can choice TTL or analog through switch,very convencience!
    if you are interesting,I can give the more information of our laser to you.waiting for your good news.
    yours bridge