Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Geometry Correction hardware

Default WTB: Geometry Correction hardware

I'm looking to buy geometry correction hardware to use with analog laser systems

im in Washington, DC

If there happen to be a surplus of these laying around, I could use two myself for an upcoming show in February. Of course this is after maxcady get his

-Sal

I just might have a handful laying around.... Laser Fantasy Geometry correction cards.... Let me dig them up this week and i'll let you know how many I find.

lsdi made a nice rack unit. I had two but gave them away. why bother almost every dac software has it built in

like my original post says, im doing all analog, no software at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    lsdi made a nice rack unit. I had two but gave them away. why bother almost every dac software has it built in
    Which software/ DAC supports ILDA in/through with geometric correction on streaming data?

-Sal

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

No streaming DAC hardware supports it, for 99% of users, there is no need. The matrix math, need for sin, cos, sum of squares, cubic functions, and arc-tangent in real time would really slow down the DAC stream on low cost hardware. . Much easier to do it on the PC side.
    []
    UGC was needed back when shows ran off a 8080, or 486 or 586, with eight bit graphics, and did not have real time computational power to spare.
    []
    LSX, Pangolin, has the correction in real time, on the PC side, which negates the need for most users.
    []
    Unless you do it every day, setting up a UGC burns up half an hour to an hour per scan pair on the job site.
    []
    When lasers were the sole means of projecting large logos for clients, UGC had a place. If projecting graphics on a large segment of a Frank Geary building, or off axis projection on a sloping dam or mountain, UGC had a place. But modern mapping tools in software make it sooooo much easier than adjusting six or eight 20 turn knobs per axis.
    []
    That said, you can pry mine from my cold dead hands, simply because it took me so long to get one. But I don't use it often. I might just rent it to you Sal.... Or I can send Grix the basics and he could add it in.
    []
    The LFI and LSDI and Camtech(UK) hardware are equally nice, once you mount them in a one U 19" rack.
    []
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-10-2016 at 06:00.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

etherdream supports some real time geometric correction via osc.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    No streaming DAC hardware supports it, for 99% of users, there is no need. The matrix math, need for sin, cos, sum of squares, cubic functions, and arc-tangent in real time would really slow down the DAC stream on low cost hardware. . Much easier to do it on the PC side.
    []
    UGC was needed back when shows ran off a 8080, or 486 or 586, with eight bit graphics, and did not have real time computational power to spare.
    []
    LSX, Pangolin, has the correction in real time, on the PC side, which negates the need for most users.
    []
    Unless you do it every day, setting up a UGC burns up half an hour to an hour per scan pair on the job site.
    []
    When lasers were the sole means of projecting large logos for clients, UGC had a place. If projecting graphics on a large segment of a Frank Geary building, or off axis projection on a sloping dam or mountain, UGC had a place. But modern mapping tools in software make it sooooo much easier than adjusting six or eight 20 turn knobs per axis.
    []
    That said, you can pry mine from my cold dead hands, simply because it took me so long to get one. But I don't use it often. I might just rent it to you Sal.... Or I can send Grix the basics and he could add it in.
    []
    The LFI and LSDI and Camtech(UK) hardware are equally nice, once you mount them in a one U 19" rack.
    []
    Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks Steve, I will be in contact if I cannot find a more permanent solution.

-Sal

I have one.. not sure if I'd sell it.. depends