Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W00T! I just won my second ILDA Award!

Default W00T! I just won my second ILDA Award!

... I took second in the video category, ahead of a commercial for Samsung and behind a million-dollar documentary about the Windows 10 logo. Not too shabby; we are definitely punching above our weight here...

Alas, our video client’s new management didn’t like the song, and the video is no longer on Youtube. We're gonna post this on our site, once copyright issues are straightened out.

The ILDA conference was incredible, and PL members did very well for themselves - Swamidog and Bradfo69 are now on the board!

I got to meet all the ILDA heavies, including the president of X-Laser (araugh on PL) and Bill Benner, along with a bunch of other Pango peeps. Here is the money shot for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ILDA2016_122.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	51136

Patrick Murphy, Executive Director of ILDA, me, and Bill Benner, President of Pangolin.
    Note that they are proudly holding Illuminatus laser pointers. Photo by the outgoing president of ILDA, Christine Jenkin.

My photos from the event are here: http://mondodyne.com/1ILDA2016/

Next year's event is in the home of Kvant: Bratislava. I sure hope I can make that.

Lux Plus Esto...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Congrats! Can you describe the video a little bit?

It's a beautiful 20-ish woman singing a song about going to a dance club and dancing.
    She lip synced the song against a background of lumia and Hubble space telescope astro photos.
    We very carefully projected lumia onto her white dress, avoiding her face at all times.
    We also had some conventional beams and cones, with her in the middle, usually as silhouette.
    All shot in my basement studio and in my backyard.
    My Laser Lunchbox of Wonder was also featured, which I wrote up for PL last year.

I'll be sure to announce it on PL once we get the © BS worked out.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Oh, I remember that now. Very nice work for sure.

And as you were describing it above, I was thinking, hadn't you posted the video on PL before, or at least stills from the video shoot?

I think I posted the link to the artist's Youtube page, which is now private.
    I can't post pix due to the ongoing © mess.

Long story.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

I think you are talking about future weapons when it comes to the windows logo
    The guy who owns it is one of my favourite people in the industry. Hilarious guy.

Congrats! Very happy for you

Thumbs up

Congrats, Mike!! Keen to see the clip again, when you can finally re-post. Yeah, I too, have several 'commercial' pieces I still can't use for promo cause of all the 'NDA' crap.. <shrug>

Curious, what was the 'Samsung' commercial? We did some fx for one, but have not been able to See the final, yet.. Got a link? If not, no worries..

Congrats, again.. Keep it comin..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Congrats, Mike!! Keen to see the clip again, when you can finally re-post. Yeah, I too, have several 'commercial' pieces I still can't use for promo cause of all the 'NDA' crap.. <shrug>

Curious, what was the 'Samsung' commercial? We did some fx for one, but have not been able to See the final, yet.. Got a link? If not, no worries..

Congrats, again.. Keep it comin..
    j
    i think it was a commerical adam lebay (future weapons) did, but i'm not sure.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i think it was a commerical adam lebay (future weapons) did..
    ..So, they did / submitted a Samsung ad, besides the Windows ad? (IIRC, they were the ones behind that / the 'Laser-windows', correct?..)

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ..So, they did / submitted a Samsung ad, besides the Windows ad? (IIRC, they were the ones behind that / the 'Laser-windows', correct?..)

j
    yes. he did the laser windows ad and for samsung galaxy.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.