Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New laser software: Moncha!

indeed what gary said
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well my moncha dac is on its way so im keen to see this software in action with my scanner!

Ill update once i have had a good play around!

Thumbs up

Good luck man, definatly let us know. What did the package cost, software and hardware?

I also have the Moncha and have been working on my own software. I can share it with any of you Moncha users that want it. It's not very advanced but I'm always working on it and it will eventually be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Good luck man, definatly let us know. What did the package cost, software and hardware?
    Contact mystery 123 - Michal has been great and will have a good deal for you if you are interested in providing feedback to him

Best bet is to contact him

Definantly looking froward to its arrival - after i get a grip of this ill have to start looking at building my own RGB projector
    Blue is still so expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I also have the Moncha and have been working on my own software. I can share it with any of you Moncha users that want it. It's not very advanced but I'm always working on it and it will eventually be really nice.
    Carmangary sounds good - im a newb so ill get s grip of monch first which seems pretty easy at this stage and ill giv eyou a hoi!
    What does your software do?

My software allows you to create a show synchronized to music. You can do the same thing in the latest release of Moncha, though.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    My software allows you to create a show synchronized to music. You can do the same thing in the latest release of Moncha, though.
    What's up man? That deserves a video of it in action, even if you were a little late... You should ask what his "team" hasn't done and isn't working on.

Just a little history... I have been in contact a lot with Michal at Showtacle in regards to the Moncha software since I bought it and the Moncha DAC. At first, it was very different than the software that i was creating. But, I saw a lot of ways the gap could be narrowed if some features were added to Moncha. So, I requested several features and Michal added them. In fact, many of the features that were added to 2.0 were requested by me. So, it is of no coincidence that the Moncha software is similar to what mine is.

There are some things about my software that I like better than Moncha or that Moncha can't even do. For example, I was able to easily import the Spooky show that was written using Mamba Black and I can now play it back and it looks pretty much identical to how it looks using Mamba software. The cool thing is that my software is FREE! It would not have been possible to do this with the Moncha software. At least not without a lot of work.

As I said in another thread, I am currently working to make my software natively load Mamba Black shows so that they can be loaded, played, and edited.

But, Moncha does have some really cool features that mine doesn't.

Eventually, I hope that my software will be full featured and as good as any software package out there. It will take a while but it will get there. On the other hand, the Moncha software was designed as a budget laser show program. So, it may not grow as much as mine will.

ive found when using my moncha the animations have no little lines or tails, so its a pretty nice dac
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat