Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New laser software: Moncha!

I think it plays at 20 frame per second. Doesn't seem like that would be too fast. What DAC do you have?

Default moncha

i only have alphalite at the moment and that plays it at what ever speed i want (not framerate) ie it will refresh each frame 20/30 times per second but you can adjust time between each frame so you just adjust speed of animation not the framrate i think thats how you explain it
    moncha just plays everything that i load very fast some file will slow down enough some still to fast try some of the big ilda files i put in ftp server
    Last edited by badger1666; 10-26-2007 at 15:11. Reason: forgot something

Using an Animation node type you load all frames from ild to memory - which is not wise by 35MB ild file. That's why there is another type of effect - Show(you can create it by clicking Scene->Create show). Here you just set path to ild file and it won't be loaded to memory(but played directly from hdd). Like this right now you can use only 20fps ild files(not point oriented or more/less fps ild files).

Michal

Default moncha

thanks michal
    that works great also please let me know when you will be suporting two colour lasers in moncha a lot of us have an rgy set up as soon as you do i will be intouch and buy moncha does it suport ttl output as well as analogue
    regards
    chris green

He does support two color systems. That feature was added in 2.0 that was just released.

Default moncha

thanks
    i know you can swap colors but you cant swap any to yellow if you got rgy i want to be able to swap blue to yellow not to green or red, on the colour output setting you have single color laser or rgb where you can change color channels do you know how to get around this problem
    i have some three color ilda files that i want to use if i buy moncha
    my alphalite supports rgy

I see what you mean. It can't do that. Interesting idea, though.

Default moncha

you have moncha and michal has implimented your ideas before you could give him a nudge in the right direction i seem to remember you mentioning my problem on the moncha forum

You have free access to the Moncha forum and he is probably monitoring this thread so you should be able to tell him what you want. He's probably tired of hearing from me anyway. haha.

Default moncha

it shoudnt be to hard for michal to add yellow to the red and green option in the change blue color option