Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New laser software: Moncha!

What does it even mean to map to yellow? Because, there isn't really a yellow laser in this case. It would need to map to green and red. But, if the green and red lasers weren't matched then the color might end up being orange or light green. So, there is actually more to it than you think.

Default moncha

like you said on moncha forum for us two laser guys displaying color ilda files colors might come out funny but at least we will get a complete image displayed thats the problem i want to get around getting the whole picture displayed without gaps in it because i dont have blue

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    like you said on moncha forum for us two laser guys displaying color ilda files colors might come out funny but at least we will get a complete image displayed thats the problem i want to get around getting the whole picture displayed without gaps in it because i dont have blue
    Badger im in the same boat as you - ihave RGY as im poor!
    and blu ewill not display on the ilda files i have
    But if you tick single colour it displays it all - we just need him to make a two colour option!

I don't have a system yet but I am in the process of making an RGY with the option of adding blue a bit later. I have tried Moncha on my PC (try before I buy) and I thought all you had to do for RGY systems was to map blue to either red or green?

I would be interested to find out if this is not the case as I will then need to look else where for a home DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by xgeek View Post
    I don't have a system yet but I am in the process of making an RGY with the option of adding blue a bit later. I have tried Moncha on my PC (try before I buy) and I thought all you had to do for RGY systems was to map blue to either red or green?

I would be interested to find out if this is not the case as I will then need to look else where for a home DAC.

Yes, that was the main idea of this setting. Even it is possible to lower maximal intensity of blue mapped to red(or green) channel - so if there is red-blue circle, you'll see different shades.

Default moncha

what did i start
    michal what i would like is blue channel mapped to red and green at the same time not one or the other can this be done in your software , if so can you implement it not worried about colors just want to see the whole image with out bits missing and buying your dac is cheaper than buying a blue laser

I know, what you meant, I've just confirmed, what it's used for ...

Default moncha

thanks
    michal the thing is can it be done at all

Yes, of course it can. In Fiesta we have such possibility. I've just thought, it's not neccessary for cheap lasers that will be used by Moncha.

Default moncha

thank you michal
    i hope to see it in future release of moncha
    from what i am aware that moncha was aimed at the hobby market,
    and us poor hobbie laserists would wellcome such a feature iam sure there others in the same position as me with two laser setup that would love such a feature
    reagards
    chris green