Thread: I just got my Coherent FieldMaxII-TOP meter from Laser Ben.

Default I just got my Coherent FieldMaxII-TOP meter from Laser Ben.

Shipped promptly and arrived exactly as described. It's heading off to Coherent for calibration today!

Thanks, Laser Ben!

Good to hear that it got there well Enjoy your awesome new meter!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

What do they charge for calibration?

Yes, it's between $250 and $800 depending on the meter and weather you want a certificate of calibration.
    CLICKY!!!

None of the Coherent meters I have seen use a pot for calibration, they all do it via eeprom, thus the smartsensor interface. Plus, if you want a quality measure, you need to get it calibrated.
    CLICKY!!!

Question

But if they calibrate the head and store it in the smartsenor eprom, can't you use the sensor on every meter with smartsensor interface and still be calibrated because its stored in the sensors interface?

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    But if they calibrate the head and store it in the smartsenor eprom, can't you use the sensor on every meter with smartsensor interface and still be calibrated because its stored in the sensors interface?
    Crap just re-read your post, yes. There can be read errors from the head, which may be software or hardware which need to be diagnosed by coherent unless you are brave.

Each powerhead has an eprom it uses this information to calibrate the power meter. I was thinking of a different powermeter when I posted earlier. I am not sure how it works internally in the meter. I do know that I have tried a bunch of heads with the meter and some just don't work, which implies that it has a set number of heads it is compatible with and therefore programmed to read the calibration data. All that is theory, I will have access to many powerheads next month, I will see what I can find out (I need something smaller than my 1kW water cooled head). Of course I could read the documentation but that would be no fun!

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 09-15-2009 at 13:20.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Lightbulb

I have checked with a coherent dealer, (and catalog)

The calibration settings of the sensor and also the wavelenght correction table are all stored in the smartsensor interface.
    When you connect the sensor to a fieldmax, the meter will automaticly read the data from the sensor, and your meter will be adjusted

When the sensor is calibrated there is no need to calibrate the meter togheter with the sensor.

Regards,
    Maurice.

Exactly, well put!
    CLICKY!!!