Thread: Sucker born every minute

Cool Sucker born every minute

What a pile of dung. New Invention, yeah right ! These are simple filters on cheap sunglasses.
    See " http://tinyurl.com/yqjaku "

This kinda fraud has been around for a long time.
    Beware.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

WHAT??!!
    next thing you'll be telling me there's no santa clause.

WTF is DPPS?.................................................. ..................

Cool

They work better with a camcorder... They're basically visible light filters. But they pass near IR, and since the CCD in a camcorder will pick up near IR, you can see some things that you otherwise wouldn't. Saddly, the human eye is NOT very sensitive to near IR. (Like, almost insensitive, actually.) So these really don't work for our eyes.

Here is a link to the site that started the whole see-thu craze. Their experiments are real, as are the results, so long as you are using a camcorder and there is a lot of near IR illumination. (Which means that they work best outside in sunlight.)

They sold quite a few of those filters, I understand. (Back int he day at least...) But remember, the resulting images are black and white. (OK, technically they're grey-scale, but you get the point.) And if people think this is the next step in pr0n, they're woefully mistaken. It's not anywhere near as usefull as the hype makes it out to be.

Adam

Hey...Santa Claus does exist!

I think Buffo already explained everything!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    What a pile of dung. New Invention, yeah right ! These are simple filters on cheap sunglasses.
    See " http://tinyurl.com/yqjaku "

This kinda fraud has been around for a long time.
    Beware.

Rick
    Yeah, there's still a guy on eBay selling those filters among others that "let you experience the world you have never seen". I guess if I wanted to put lighting gels on my pupils and walk around that would be an "experience" but not a particularly good one.
    -M

Wow, old thread!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

That's what happens when you get a noob trying to get his post count up.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    They work better with a camcorder... They're basically visible light filters. But they pass near IR, and since the CCD in a camcorder will pick up near IR, you can see some things that you otherwise wouldn't. Saddly, the human eye is NOT very sensitive to near IR. (Like, almost insensitive, actually.) So these really don't work for our eyes.

Here is a link to the site that started the whole see-thu craze. Their experiments are real, as are the results, so long as you are using a camcorder and there is a lot of near IR illumination. (Which means that they work best outside in sunlight.)

They sold quite a few of those filters, I understand. (Back int he day at least...) But remember, the resulting images are black and white. (OK, technically they're grey-scale, but you get the point.) And if people think this is the next step in pr0n, they're woefully mistaken. It's not anywhere near as usefull as the hype makes it out to be.

Adam
    I have an CCD camera with infared that points towards our stage, i have several of these cams but this one , maybe due to it's mounting location..i don't know, shows up on our video monitors just like those sample pictures on the site you gave url too. many a time have we seen jigglers up on stage!! i'll see if i can get my video guy to make a youtube clip of it next time a girl wears the right fabric ..

Wow, old thread!
    Yeah! Even popped up on my email.
    Soforene- I can't tell you how much I like your new av pic! (even though I know it will change in a day or 2 )