Thread: PhotonLexicon is *SLOW* tonight...

Unhappy PhotonLexicon is *SLOW* tonight...

What gives? The site is reponding really slow. It started about 6:30 PM (Eastern Daylight Time) and is getting worse.

Anyone else notice this? I checked a handful of other sites and they're all as fast as ever. (I'm on a cable modem, btw.) But PL is taking 30-45 seconds to load a page, and I've had a few of them time out!

Adam

no probs here in uk ......maybe a slow hop from your end

lthough checkin DNS shows server is in uSA , forsome reason I thought it was in Australia

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I noticed that we had 83 folks on-line... Maybe a few of the registered users were doing some heavy-duty searching. Still, I thought the site could handle more than that. (Don't remember anyone complaining about slow responses when all the HackaDay.com dudes shoed up to check out the violet laser pointer thread...)

And all my other sites are just as fast as ever. Hmmm. We'll see if it gets better by morning. (Like you said - could be a bad hop somewhere, but you'd think after over an hour of this it would be routed around by now...)

Adam

Very slow here as well. The site is usually pretty quick, but I'm getting about 20-30 seconds between switching pages. Reminds me of dial up!

Cool

David;

Yeah, dial-up... That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, I noticed we're up to 95 total users on line right now. Wonder if the site is buckling under the load? Something to look into I guess.

Adam

Wow, I'd hope not! I noticed that the most users online was yesterday, 180 something.

Yep, very slow here too!!

Seems like activity went way up when LaserCommunity shut down for a week or so a few days ago..
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Lightbulb

I'm not having any problems... I am at work though and have at least a DS3 here...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Was slow for me too yesterday. That's usually a local ISP webcache thing, but not in this case cos other stuff was fast. I can't try guessing why it was slow though, I don't know what system it's hosted on, or anything about what other services that host might be handling.