Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue laser (CNI) from LaserGlow.com

Cool

Another company to consider is Dragon Lasers... They've got prices that are competitive with regard to CNI units. They are more expensive than the Lasever models, however.

I'm in the process of writing/editing a review of a 70 mw Dragon Lasers 473 nm DPSS blue laser w/ TTL blanking. I think the retail on that laser was $800. I'm not sure exactly how much extra it would cost to get that laser with analog blanking, but I do remember that they said that analog blanking normally adds 10-25% to the cost.

I will say that the head design is very similar to the CNI's I've seen. (It may be a re-branded CNI, but I'm not certain.) The driver board is quite small, and comes with a large heat sink that is very effective. The laser itself performed flawlessly over the 110 + hours that I tested it.

One final thing to consider: They have customer support staff that speak *excellent* english. Your e-mails will be answered promptly, and there is no language barrier. That's a huge plus in my book.

I should have my full review finished by early next week. Of course I'll post it here. But since the subject came up I figured I'd chime in here.

Adam

PS: Disclaimer - I am not employed by Dragon Lasers, nor am I being compensated for the review I performed. I do not own one of their lasers, but I was offered the opportunity to experiment with one for a couple weeks at no cost to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    If you're paranoid about declaration value to Canada then let them CNI declare the real price. You will pay 14% GST PST plus little handling fee. If the laser is 2000$ you will pay 300$ extra. And not 1000$+. Because don't forget that any local company have to pay their employees and make a profit from the sale. One time not long ago I was quoted 2500$+ for 200mw 650nm by laserglow. Got 500mw 635nm from CNI for 2200$. Those guys are totally from different planet! Dealing with customs... man it's the simplest thing on earth. They quite you pay.!
    All purpose of global economy and capitalism....you go directly to the manufacturer. Or someone reasonable... like dave and aijii..
    Oops, I should have mentioned that I'm in the US. Do you know how US customs works?

Does the shipper pay the customs fee or the receiver? Does customs call you and say "please pay $XYZ" or do they send you a bill in the mail?

Ohh the United States the land of free...and many regulations! Still lasers from laserglow come from China to Canada and then go to US. Same way as Axiz operates. Laseglow have to import it under business name...so it means more import taxes plus Canadian taxes plus a price cut laserglow have to take for themselves. Plus taxes and import you have to pay on US border. So at the end you will pay twice the price. In Canada exporter declares the value and type of good. It gets to Canada customs and based on that info they calculate the tax and duty. Sometimes they can open the package. But they don't have time to check every single item's real world value. If you ship UPS or FedEx...or Purelator. you will have to pay those taxes right on delivery to the guy who delivers. If its shipped by Regular Mail you will have to pay @ post office. If it's shipped by TNT then Revenue Canada will send you a sheet of paper with money you need to pay and then you go to their web page and pay it. Thats all. Thats how stuff works in Canada.
    Can anybody explain how import works in US!!
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 06-29-2007 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Can anybody explain how import works in US!!
    Yeah, I get my package, open it up and have fun! No tax or duty fees ever... At least for me.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Another company to consider is Dragon Lasers... They've got prices that are competitive with regard to CNI units. They are more expensive than the Lasever models, however.
    CNI lasers on pictures.

i bought my CNI from Aixiz laser in texas 250mw, 473nm blue, 10k analogue modulation, 2600 and some change with shipping. they are a importer for CNI.
    Last edited by rob; 06-29-2007 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    "dave" and "aijii" are reputable seller(s) here who deal in CNI lasers... They sell on eBay and now have a non eBay site up also.
    Is "aijii" by any chance the same as "Aizis" which Rob recommended?
    Have a good day!

here is a link to their store.
    http://www.lasershowparts.com/store/index.php

better yet, here is the link to the cni 50mw blue laser.
    http://www.lasershowparts.com/store/...d&productId=45

i'm expecting a 532 100mw cni laser from them in a week or so.

dave was very helpful with questions i pm'd him before i bought .
    i like that they show their prices too.
    prices are in australian dollars.

right now the conversion rate is one aus. dollar = .85 us so their price of 950 aus is 807.50 us
    that's almost $1000 less than the quote you showed at the start of this thread.

you are on the west coast like me and i think i am paying 80 or 90 us for shipping.
    i was impressed with their price for the laser i bought.even with shipping the price is really good and your are getting a reliable laser and the knowledge that you can communicate easily with your vendor.
    Last edited by wes; 06-30-2007 at 18:00.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OPO226 View Post
    Is "aijii" by any chance the same as "Aizis" which Rob recommended?
    Nope, two different sides of the world. Aixiz is in Texas, aijii and dave are in Austrailia and drop ship from China I think...

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    that's almost $1000 less than the quote you showed at the start of this thread.
    Told you ...no less then 1000$

You may get even cheaper with direct CNI...
    But they don't accept paypal or any other ways...Only direct bank transfer..and it will cost you the same amount you just saved..

I found that Western Union is cheaper then direct Bank transfer. Isn't it amusingly amazing.