Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking for advice on what projector to buy.

Thanks everyone. I would like to see pjs compared like that, do you know where I can find such a comparison? I do want to attend a LEM sometime in the new future to learn more. The problem is I just don't want to spend a fortune on something that I have no experience with(mainly my parents, I am only 15) I do not need dj grade equipment. All I want is simple text, and animations. I am ok with dim, not a perfect white balance, flicker etc. I am also not new to fixing electronics. I have a Chinese electric scooter, so I know some things about fixing Chinese electrics So you think in these circumstances a Chinese or used pj would be ok? Thanks everyone for all the help.

I purchased my first LKPD2 about 4 years ago and it's still going strong recently upgraded to the LKPD3 and for the price and effects you get you cant get a better sub $500 laser. There are also members on the forum such as HAK who have also upgraded there LKPD3 by adding more powerful diodes and other effects

I'll weigh in here... I, like many others, became enamored with LightSpace's offerings and ended up picking up several 3W systems. When I'm not slinging beams around a venue, I'm in my 10x10 office where 3w is just to bright, not to mention the annoyance of setting up/tearing down all the time and putting more hours on my production PJs. Enter the LightSpace Leo. Not sure if they make these guys anymore, but it's worth checking out. I bought 3 of them at about $700 each. They're 700mw RGB and of good enough quality to recommend. I know I saw someone else with a Leo last SELEM (or the one before), I think it was Johnny (BlueFang) IIRC. Anyway, check it out. Good quality, good price. My $.02

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'll weigh in here... I, like many others, became enamored with LightSpace's offerings and ended up picking up several 3W systems. When I'm not slinging beams around a venue, I'm in my 10x10 office where 3w is just to bright, not to mention the annoyance of setting up/tearing down all the time and putting more hours on my production PJs. Enter the LightSpace Leo. Not sure if they make these guys anymore, but it's worth checking out. I bought 3 of them at about $700 each. They're 700mw RGB and of good enough quality to recommend. I know I saw someone else with a Leo last SELEM (or the one before), I think it was Johnny (BlueFang) IIRC. Anyway, check it out. Good quality, good price. My $.02
    Yup - that was me. I am not sure if they still sell the Leo line anymore. My green died in my Leo, and after replacing the diode I messed up the alignment coming out of the DPSS stuff - something I could fix if I had time to fiddle with it some more, but it is definitely very fiddly and frustrating

For your price range, you might take a look at the Magnum D1000 - this is the unit that the Laser Dock is based on, and has really nice looking tight beam.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    My green died in my Leo, and after replacing the diode I messed up the alignment coming out of the DPSS stuff - something I could fix if I had time to fiddle with it some more, but it is definitely very fiddly and frustrating
    Are you saying you had a pump diode on a DPSS module fail? I believe the more recent Leo's are full diode and while mine don't have touchscreens on the back, the one advertised on LightSpace's site does...

Are you saying you had a pump diode on a DPSS module fail? I believe the more recent Leo's are full diode and while mine don't have touchscreens on the back, the one advertised on LightSpace's site does...
    Yes - my efforts were kinda documented in this thread:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...with-pictures)

http://www.eightonlight.cn/list/Lase.../1114/233.html

Oh, they still make it!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I thought about suggesting the Leo to you but couldn't remember the name.
    PM Sent...

I do like the look of the Magnum D1000. Price seems hard to beat for pure diode, and I don't mind more blue than green output.