Thread: LaserWorld Pro-400, change galvoscanner

Default LaserWorld Pro-400, change galvoscanner

Hi,

I'm beginner in laser projectors. I have LaserWorld Pro 400 and I want to upgrade galvoscanner. Do anybody know if it is possible to change existing gavloscanner to popular PT-A40K?

Upgrading an existing projector is the easiest way to get familiar with projector construction. Although I haven't seen the inside of that projector, the case looks sufficiently large to provide some flexibility with upgrading including swapping out galvos (which is usually a net zero impact on space). Swapping to those wider scanning PT-A40s may require you to either shift the galvos and dichros closer to the front of the case or make the aperture window larger. (The later being easier in most cases.)

Have fun with your upgrade!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I think that projector's box is big enogth to swap galvos. I'm not sure if there is one connection standard between galvoscanner controller and board on which is mounted ILDA port. I even don't know what are ports on controller boards. Do you know where can I find some technical informations about laser projectors, connection between parts etc.?

Tomek
    Last edited by trojek; 12-14-2016 at 11:16.