Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High power green laser

Laser Warning High power green laser

Looking for a 1W-3W 520nm diode or 532nm dpss laser suitable for integration into a show projector I will be building at some point. I'm on a rather modest budget so in particular second hand offers would be preferred, but I will consider new offers if the price is right. Laser must come with suitable driver for show use. Send me a PM with hours used + power output and let me know your offer.I am in the UK so sellers from Europe will be preferred, please add shipping into your overall cost.Regards

In the new year I may well be switching out a pair of Laserwave 2W OEM-V-SS 532nm heads. They're very small with no fan and must be heat sinked.
    I've owned them about 3 years. 1 went back to Laserwave after about 18 months as it had lost power and was repaired at my cost.
    I suspect both are doing under 2W now, but I'd need to measure them and check.

Probably between 75-125 hours use each.

I can let you know if and when they become available if you like, I'm in the UK
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    In the new year I may well be switching out a pair of Laserwave 2W OEM-V-SS 532nm heads. They're very small with no fan and must be heat sinked.
    I've owned them about 3 years. 1 went back to Laserwave after about 18 months as it had lost power and was repaired at my cost.
    I suspect both are doing under 2W now, but I'd need to measure them and check.

Probably between 75-125 hours use each.

I can let you know if and when they become available if you like, I'm in the UK
    Sent you a PM....

go diode. cheaper and better modulation. You can get 2W easy with a single pbs cube. If its beams knife edge.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked
    go diode. cheaper
    That all depends on how much he's paying for the DPSS. The 'modest budget' is significant I expect.
    Even building yourself, a 2W DI module is going to cost you $360 in diodes, ~$150 for collimation, PBS, waveplate and correction, plus whatever metalwork and tooling might be required, and a driver. It's a $600 build by my reckoning
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    That all depends on how much he's paying for the DPSS. The 'modest budget' is significant I expect.
    Even building yourself, a 2W DI module is going to cost you $360 in diodes, ~$150 for collimation, PBS, waveplate and correction, plus whatever metalwork and tooling might be required, and a driver. It's a $600 build by my reckoning
    My budget isn't really fixed (hence why I'm not specifying it), but I'm well aware of the new/used values of these lasers. I would overall prefer a single (or pair of - gives me the option of 2 projectors or one really powerful one), much more powerful, used DPSS cheaply over a new diode build at this stage. Bear in mind I'm a hobbyist, I don't do this professionally (yet).

PM sen 15 chararcter)

PM sent to you!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Say Norty...

If no one has claimed those DPSS units of yours, please shoot me a PM. I know someone who may be interested, and for his application the modulation isn't an issue. (Will be run continuously.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Say Norty...

If no one has claimed those DPSS units of yours, please shoot me a PM. I know someone who may be interested, and for his application the modulation isn't an issue. (Will be run continuously.)

Adam
    I may (will probably) end up claiming them some time this month when he has them available. They're the sort of thing I was looking for.

Thanks all for your PMs. I should have responded to everybody by now. Feel free to still send me offers.