Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get LSX to see DAC

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    if either of the devices contain a gig nic, no crossover cable is needed. it *should* just work.

is there any sort of other firework / networking doom you can check on your pc?

you've got nothing to lose by trying.
    Cool. I hadn't been aware the Gig Ethernet employed Auto-MDIX eliminating the need for crossover cables. My network is 10/100 only for now.

I don't employ any other network control or flow software on my PC. To me, if communicating with ED works from a Windows Command Line and a GUI app (Ping, Telnet TCP & UDP) and the device responds "I hear ya', I'm here", it should work with any app. BUT! I just found within Win10 Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet > Make this PC discoverable was set to OFF. Changing it to ON resolved the problem. DOAH!

Now the fun begins...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Cool. I hadn't been aware the Gig Ethernet employed Auto-MDIX eliminating the need for crossover cables. My network is 10/100 only for now.

I don't employ any other network control or flow software on my PC. To me, if communicating with ED works from a Windows Command Line and a GUI app (Ping, Telnet TCP & UDP) and the device responds "I hear ya', I'm here", it should work with any app. BUT! I just found within Win10 Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet > Make this PC discoverable was set to OFF. Changing it to ON resolved the problem. DOAH!

Now the fun begins...
    awesome!

make some beautiful things
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

awesome!

make some beautiful things
    Not quite yet . The next problem is that having set the ED to Timeline 1, and Scanner Global Optimization parameters 20K or 30K point rate, Timeline/DAC 1, then click Display Test Frame, I get the Preview Window Display but nothing out the projector.

do you still have sitter running? sitter and LSX stomp all over each other and you should only run one at a time.

Not quite yet . The next problem is that having set the ED to Timeline 1, and Scanner Global Optimization parameters 20K or 30K point rate, Timeline/DAC 1, then click Display Test Frame, I get the Preview Window Display but nothing out the projector.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

do you still have sitter running? sitter and LSX stomp all over each other and you should only run one at a time.
    Sitter is not running and Interlock LED is yellow.

Is ED sensitive to being connected to ILDA port via short flat ribbon cable, vs. bulkier ILDA cable? FB3 worked fine on short ribbon cable.

shouldn't matter at all

try:

1) removing the ED from timeline 1 by dragging it back to the unassigned dac window
    2) closing the dac timeline window
    3) re-opening the dac timeline window
    4) make sure "etherdream" is checked and then hitting 're-scan for dacs".
    5) dragging the etherdream dac back to timeline 1 if it isn't already there.
    6) closing the dac timeline window

Sitter is not running and Interlock LED is yellow.

Is ED sensitive to being connected to ILDA port via short flat ribbon cable, vs. bulkier ILDA cable? FB3 worked fine on short ribbon cable.

shouldn't matter at all

try:

1) removing the ED from timeline 1 by dragging it back to the unassigned dac window
    2) closing the dac timeline window
    3) re-opening the dac timeline window
    4) make sure "etherdream" is checked and then hitting 're-scan for dacs".
    5) dragging the etherdream dac back to timeline 1 if it isn't already there.
    6) closing the dac timeline window
    I did steps 1-6. Still no output from test pattern or from Lissajous animation running on timeline with output enabled.

I swapped to the ILDA round cable prior to these steps, no difference. Hooked up FB3 and flat ribbon, project output enable/disable worked fine.

I did steps 1-6. Still no output from test pattern or from Lissajous animation running on timeline with output enabled.

I swapped to the ILDA round cable prior to these steps, no difference. Hooked up FB3 and flat ribbon, project output enable/disable worked fine.
    I wonder if it has to do with the rgb lasers threshold turn-on setting for FB3 vs ED?

you should be able to hear the galvos even if the diodes aren't turning on.

the default brightness for the test patterns is 20%, but there's a slider above the pattern selector that allows you to crank it to 100.

I wonder if it has to do with the rgb lasers threshold turn-on setting for FB3 vs ED?

you should be able to hear the galvos even if the diodes aren't turning on.

the default brightness for the test patterns is 20%, but there's a slider above the pattern selector that allows you to crank it to 100.
    BTW: I've got LSX Lite. No galvo noise (which is my primary concern), no XY diff voltage on X+ X- or Y+ Y- DB25 pins, zero volts on shutter pin to Gnd when display in preview window and shutter open.

Pattern selector? In the abstract generator? Don't see a slider above the pattern selector there. Don't see one anywhere in Scanner Global Settings. Am I in the wrong place?.

I went through couloredmirrorball's LSX tutorial: Part 1 again, and this ED simply is not producing any DAC output signals.
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 06-02-2017 at 12:18.