Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PCAOM With DPSS Lasers....

Maybe I'm just repeating what someone else has already said, but here's my take...

As long as the diode is a direct laser device, like the reds and the BluRays, then drlava's flexmod is the way to go.

With the DPSS green and blue, a single AOM (not PCAOM) in front of each would be ideal.

Combining the beams and the using a PCAOM is not such a great idea. You would have to retune the lines of a PCAOM driver. You only need 2 lines at the most. The only NEOS drivers that you can retune AFAIK are the 8 channel ones.

Plus an AOM and a driver is WAY cheaper and much more commonly found in surplus.

James.

Good info!

Any recommendations for particular brands, models, or sources for surplus AOM's that would be suitable to our DPSS needs (or conversely, those to avoid!!)?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Steve sent me some links of examples found on eBay. He's had his hands on these things for many years.

I'm kinda' just putting some ideas together. He's the one who know where to find all the cool junk and how to make it work.

James.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

There is a seller dumping isomets on the market right now in sets of 3, but some repair guy is buying them and the drivers at 200$ a set to remarket them. Sofar nobody seems to be able to outbid him.

I cant even get a set to see if they work.

go to ebay, search for acousto for the cells, then direct digital for the drivers.

Its a 200 mhz cell, so modern and damn fast.

Steve

Well - I looked on ebay.

Scary - no @^*@$@*% idea what I was really looking at!!

I think I'll wait here until someone comes up with a complete "Plug n' play" kit they want to offload....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

-->I call dibs on the first complete "Plug n' play" AOM kit someone wants to offload.<--

Blam!

-Jonathan

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ok thats three,.DO we want to hit SunnKing for a group buy and bypass that ebay buyer?

Drivers I can build, its the crystals that have to work.

Steve

I am interested in that idea -to a point. My budget isn't too great right now, but I might be able to work some magic..

How many watts could the AOMs in question handle? How fast (you *did* say fast) would they be?

-Jonathan
    Last edited by platinum; 11-05-2008 at 16:41. Reason: gramatical pickiness

AOM and PCAOM crystals are rated in watts. They come in 5 watt, 10 watt. There is usally a sticker on the side of the unit that says.

It's not unlikely that there are some out there specially made for YAG.

There are faster than you can modulate!

From what I understand, if you over power them with the laser, the beam quality goes bad before you crack the crystal.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    AOM and PCAOM crystals are rated in watts. They come in 5 watt, 10 watt. <snip>
    ...and 15 watts too. The aforementioned Neos PCAOM I was looking at was rated for 15 watts anyway.

-Jonathan