Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PCAOM With DPSS Lasers....

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    -->I call dibs on the first complete "Plug n' play" AOM kit someone wants to offload.<--

Blam!

-Jonathan
    DUDE - that's just wrong - I mentioned it first!!

Just kidding!

Damn - another group buy offer. I HAVE to quit logging in to this forum

So, ball-park $$ estimate on a complete, single AOM kit tuned for 532nm?
    One of the lower-power modules would probably work for me for a LONG time....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I think (assuming they come in 5 watt intervals) a 5 watt would be perfect.

Are they even tuned, typically? Or are they meant to blank a range of wavelengths?

I'm off to dinner now. Have this GB all set up and ready by the time I get back.

-Jonathan

I read somewhere they can modulate near 100 MHz... so much faster than you can scan.....

From what I've been able to get out of Steve, they work differently than a PCAOM. The signal is simpler and they work over a bandwidth. They can also be used to do low angle, super fast beam steering.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 11-06-2008 at 08:41.

I have a pretty much limitless supply of large frame printers and copiers, at a govt recycling center. All I need are some models and a crash course of what needs to be salvaged, and I will supply you guys at my cost which is pretty much scrap by the pound. As I want to get a AO up and running myself, this would be a great deal for all of us.

You've got my vote!!

Now all we need is someone "in the know" to supply that crash course you were talking about....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

That sounds awesome! I hope this works out somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by ltaudi1 View Post
    I have a pretty much limitless supply of large frame printers and copiers, at a govt recycling center. All I need are some models and a crash course of what needs to be salvaged, and I will supply you guys at my cost which is pretty much scrap by the pound. As I want to get a AO up and running myself, this would be a great deal for all of us.
    I doubt you have anything there over 20 years old. Only the real old digital printers used AOM's. Digital copiers began to surface around 93 and by then they were using modulated diode lasers. I've been in the copier industry since I was 15 and have never seen a gas laser powered copier or printer. My guess is their all long gone.

I would also be interested in an AOM provided the price is right.

Talking

You know you can make one!

Get some clear gelatin and make it. Yes; with water!

Cut a 1 inch cube of it and place it on top of a plastic walky-talky speaker or a piezo electric disk (disassembled from a tweeter). Put audio into the speaker. Shoot the laser through the Jell-O. Have fun!

James.