Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Looking for 10W+ LPM

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5

    Default Looking for 10W+ LPM

    Does anyone have a Laser Power Meter in good condition up for grabs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Where are you located? You can add that to your profile so people don't keep asking.

    -Sal

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I have some Molectron/Newport PM10-19A thermopile laser power meters for sale $200 each. These use +/- 15V and output 1V/watt.

    http://tinyurl.com/zs68u85

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    So I just bought this head: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181790280955...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    I need a meter to go with it. Any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hologeek View Post
    I have some Molectron/Newport PM10-19A thermopile laser power meters for sale $200 each. These use +/- 15V and output 1V/watt.

    http://tinyurl.com/zs68u85
    That link just brought me to a .pdf doc. Will your meter work with the thermopile I bought?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmackitup View Post
    So I just bought this head: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181790280955...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    I need a meter to go with it. Any suggestions?
    I have some of these

    http://www.ebay.it/itm/Laser-power-m...gAAOSwo4pYHcMc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmackitup View Post
    So I just bought this head: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181790280955...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    I need a meter to go with it. Any suggestions?
    Most of those Ophir heads only require + 15 volts DC to operate. The output voltage is usually calibrated so 1 volt = 1 watt on the low range heads, and 1 volt = 10 watts on the high range heads.

    Based on what you've posted, it looks like you have a 150 watt head. That's probably a whole lot more than you'll ever need, unless you're building a laser engraving system. If you are building a laser projector you will be measuring on the lowest end of that head's sensitivity.

    But either way, look for a spec sheet for that head. Contact Ophir directly if you have to. Once you verify the operating voltage and the internal calibration, all you need is a regulated DC power supply and a volt meter.

    Adam

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Most of those Ophir heads only require + 15 volts DC to operate. The output voltage is usually calibrated so 1 volt = 1 watt on the low range heads, and 1 volt = 10 watts on the high range heads.

    Based on what you've posted, it looks like you have a 150 watt head. That's probably a whole lot more than you'll ever need, unless you're building a laser engraving system. If you are building a laser projector you will be measuring on the lowest end of that head's sensitivity.

    But either way, look for a spec sheet for that head. Contact Ophir directly if you have to. Once you verify the operating voltage and the internal calibration, all you need is a regulated DC power supply and a volt meter.

    Adam

    Ophir's OEM head usually need dual power supply (+/-12V to +/-24 Vcc 24mA max)

    depending on the model you may have 1V/1W to 0.01V/1W


    typical max laser power rates are:
    5W-10W continuos no cooling,
    up to 30W conduction cooling,
    up to 150 intermittent water cooled.

    a simple voltmeter or multimeter since they comes pre-calibrated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Most of those Ophir heads only require + 15 volts DC to operate. The output voltage is usually calibrated so 1 volt = 1 watt on the low range heads, and 1 volt = 10 watts on the high range heads.

    Based on what you've posted, it looks like you have a 150 watt head. That's probably a whole lot more than you'll ever need, unless you're building a laser engraving system. If you are building a laser projector you will be measuring on the lowest end of that head's sensitivity.

    But either way, look for a spec sheet for that head. Contact Ophir directly if you have to. Once you verify the operating voltage and the internal calibration, all you need is a regulated DC power supply and a volt meter.

    Adam
    The head he bought is stated as 150W-A-.2-C
    [A] That is a head with built in amplifier.
    [.2] That is calibrated at 0.2V/Watt
    [C] That is calibrated using a CO2 Laser wavelength.

    Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

    New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW


    Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •