Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viasho vs. CNI

Default Viasho vs. CNI

Hi:

Does anyone have much experience with the quality of Viasho lasers? It seems they are still around, and have become a member here lately. I learned about them in 2004 from the LaserFX website. They seemed to be one of very few inexpensive DPSS suppliers at that time.

Now I hear CNI is considered perhaps the best Chinese laser. However, it surprizes me that there aren't more Viashos talked about here since they were so prominent on the LaserFX site.

I think I will see what they have to offer with the 473nm blues since I'm looking for that now.

I bought a Viasho 150mW in Dec 2004, and didn't do much with it except run it a few times and checked the modulation behavior once. At the time it would meet spec power, at about 150-156mW. It has a respectable beam and low divergence.

Now I'm using it again and will perhaps have a chance to post some technical details in a few days such as scope shots of the modulation, which was supposed to be analog, but is only TTL. It seems to be about 21kHz.

The laser produced it's rated power when new, but now days it can't seem to get over about 135mW. I don't mind much because I consider these cheap lasers to be more wisely used at considerably less than rated power to get a long lifetime.

I didn't persue the non-analog modulation issue with Richard @ Viasho at the time as well, as shortly thereafter my wife got pregnant, and I didn't have time to play with lasers much until now.
    Have a good day!

I think Viasho are so prevalent on Laser FX site as L.Michael Roberts was(is) the US agent for Viasho.
    CNI are good and I have always bought from them, and though I have never used Viasho I always got the impression that they were a step or two up in terms of quality than CNI. This is from reading what people have said abou them on places such as alt.lasers

Rob

I will receive an 1.5 Watt 532nm laser within this week from Viasho!
    I must say their service has been above all others companies that I have delt with. I also got the impression from others, that their lasers has better quality than CNI.

Thanks to Frank @ Viasho

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Well, as far as returns go for us -

CNI, we have been selling for quite sometime now, without a single warranty repair.

As far as Viasho goes, we haven't been selling for so long, but so far, so good as far as warranty repairs go.

As far as build quality goes, IMHO, they are both to a very high standard
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    I will receive an 1.5 Watt 532nm laser within this week from Viasho!
    I must say their service has been above all others companies that I have delt with. I also got the impression from others, that their lasers has better quality than CNI.

Thanks to Frank @ Viasho
    man,i hope you got better pricing than the rates on laserfx.

they list an fx series 100mw 532 viashow for $935 us.
    what must a 1.5 watt unit go for at those rates?

Hi Wes,

I have two Viasho lasers one 1.5 watt and one 1.7 watt. Got them from Aijii and Dave. They give great service and backup.

If you want to find out the costs of these go to www.luminavp.com being Dave and Aijii site.
    The dollars shown are Australian...
    See what you think.

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    Hi Wes,

I have two Viasho lasers one 1.5 watt and one 1.7 watt. Got them from Aijii and Dave. They give great service and backup.

If you want to find out the costs of these go to www.luminavp.com being Dave and Aijii site.
    The dollars shown are Australian...
    See what you think.

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ
    actually,it was thinking of dave and aijii's prices that made me post after i saw how inflated the prices on laserfx are.

the 100mw cni i'm getting from them is the limit of my budget.(it shipped this morning,yehaw!)
    seeing a 100mw vaisho on laserfx for three times what i'm paying for the cni makes me hope that no one is getting gouged.
    peace,
    wes

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    actually,it was thinking of dave and aijii's prices that made me post after i saw how inflated the prices on laserfx are.

the 100mw cni i'm getting from them is the limit of my budget.(it shipped this morning,yehaw!)
    seeing a 100mw vaisho on laserfx for three times what i'm paying for the cni makes me hope that no one is getting gouged.
    peace,
    wes
    It may simply be the case that the LaserFX web pages haven't been updated for several years, so you are seeing very old prices.
    Have a good day!

Smile viasho reply

Quote Originally Posted by OPO226 View Post
    It may simply be the case that the LaserFX web pages haven't been updated for several years, so you are seeing very old prices.

Yes, you are right, the lasers is old design on LaserFX, our new lasers have some difference from the old one. No matter on the specification or the outside looking.

welcome to visit our website: www.viasho.com

Nono Shen

While we are on the subject of Viasho, I have a qurstion for Dave & Aijii. As you are distributors, can you let us know roughly how much the Viasho laser power meter cost? Thanks.