Thread: Me Thinx someone aint gonna be happy

Default Me Thinx someone aint gonna be happy

Just cruisin though the german Ebay laser section .... which for some reason i always seem to find more interesting stuff than in the UK or US ebay sections, and saw this .....

Ok the guy selling may only be going by what is written on the box but somehow for the size of the unit and that the power supply is a modded PC psu ... i think that th final buyer may be a bit pissed off with the results

http://cgi.ebay.de/gruener-DPSS-532n...QQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think ?

all the best .... Karl

Lightbulb

I can't read it but it don't look like 5 watts to me... Looks like an old gbs-100 head from Extreme, or about the size of theirs. Can't be more than 100mW...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Maybe 5w is what the head takes in the form of electrical power from the PC PSU - or maybe the ir leakage

When things like this crop up I have mixed feelings. I think the twonks who are selling them should have their knackers cut off but at the same time I also think if someone is dim enought to believe this sort of shit and not do some homework - which on t'internet isnt exactly difficult - then maybe its a lesson they deserve to learn.

And see the seller is loosing his responsibility by putting a question mark after the rating of 5W.

Fact is it may be a very good laser - but it aint what it says it is and thats naughty and the seller has no right to plead ignorance.

Rob

Hi,

I think it is mandatory for the CDRH sticker to read the maximum output power for the laser class, in this class class IV, maximum power 5W. This is not at all related to the output power of the laser!

Kind regards,

sonaluma

5watts my arse !

I've got 1 watt 532 units that have had 10W and 20W Max Output stickers on the head.

As Sonaluma says, the label is not related to the output !

I wish it was . My inventry of diodes would be a damn sight more impressive ( and valuable !)

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

It may well be mandatory but this does not give people the right to say this is a 5W laser when clearly in this instance even a safety label stating 250mW would be OTT.

Rob

OMG
    It seems someone has paid 1,310 EURO for that laser, poor sod...
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh