Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - 22 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 28-29-30-1st of APRIL/MAY 2017

Default UKLEM - 22 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 28-29-30-1st of APRIL/MAY 2017

The 22nd (ish!!) United Kingdom Laser Enthusiasts Meeting

UKLEM - 22 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK

28-29-30-1st of APRIL/MAY 2017 - 3.5 Day event!

The dates for the hall are booked for the next Surfleet Laser Enthusiasts Bash and it will be on the 28th (Friday), 29th (Saturday), 30th (Sunday) & 1ST (Monday) of APRIL /MAY 2017 starting at around 09.30hrs Friday Morning TILL 16:00hrs on Monday.

WE MUST HAVE THE HALL TOTALLY CLEANED UP AND OUT BY 16:00hrs on the MONDAY.

All the usual Surfleet gubbins plus the upper gallery & hall area will be available again for Snogging, Carnal activities, Sleeping & Snore practice purposes as normal.
    There is a huge cooker & 3x fridges available to use throughout the weekend even though the Kitchen area IS the main workshop area!

Electronics, Electrical, Multicopters and general Radio Control equipment also very welcome.

CAA outdoor laser approval will be sorted for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday night outdoor bashes as usual.

Bring your BBQ's, Horses, Sheep, Antelope's, Bleach, Frogs etc and hope for some decent weather and nice hazy, cloudy nights.

NO Chinese lanterns Please!

Milling machines accepted as long as you leave them outside in the rain

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    UK
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...%3DGB&qs=PE114DA

Places to stay:
    http://www.shipinnsurfleet.com/ - ABSOLUTELY SHITE PLACE - THEY TREAT YOU AS FORTH CLASS CITIZENS - DON'T BOTHER!!

http://www.theriversidehotel.info/ - A bit naff but they don't mess customers about like the Ship does! Food is good! LANDLORD IS A BIT WIERD.
    Travelodge Spalding
    Springfields Outlet Centre
    Camel Gate
    Spalding
    0871 984 6383
    Failing this, there are plenty of B&B's around the area all findable on Google.

THE COST FOR ANYONE ATTENDING FOR UP TO 12 HOURS WILL BE £15 PER PERSON, ANY LONGER THAN 12 HOURS AND THE CHARGE WILL BE £40 PER PERSON - NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE PLEASE.

The hall fee's need to be covered and with a few of these meetings in the past, being short of bodies, I need to make sure the hall fee's are covered hence the price. It's basically £10 a day for sheer unadulterated enjoyment of the highest order.

You will be issued with Black bin bags to be kept at your area and ALL your rubbish from the weekend MUST go in these bags AND TAKEN HOME WITH YOU!!! No exceptions to this PLEASE!
    Upon early leaving and on the Monday during clear up of the event you will be expected to tidy our area and remove cable ties, tape etc, stack your chairs and fold down your table before you go.
    It will be greatly appreciated if this is done xxx

There are no other rules at this event which is what makes this event what it is, chilled, easy and sociable.
    The organiser accepts NO responsibility if you get injured and by coming to the meeting you accept full responsibility for your actions. You understand the dangers involved and will not nail my arse to a wall if you get blinded by a stray beam of nice coherent laser light - OK!!! if YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE DON'T COME.
    Please keep your equipment and area neat and tidy AND PLEASE, NO CABLES ACROSS THE CENTER OF THE HALL, ACROSS EMERGENCY EXITS & GENERAL DOORWAYS
    Come, enjoy and be very Lasery!
    Last edited by smogthemog; 02-09-2017 at 00:40.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim, whilst I appreciate that the hall fees need to be covered I worry that a £40 fee may put any 'first timers' off dipping their big toe into the murky lasery waters.

Perhaps there is some middle ground here whereby any new attendees (who don't know what to expect) could be charged a lesser fee for a days attendance?

I can't see that any of the regulars' would ever see you being out of pocket for a LEM, i'm sure most would stump up a few extra quid if it ever got to that situation. I'd hate to think that people didn't want to pop along as they'd be stung for £40 the first time they attended.

Just a thought...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I cant really be bothered anymore Jem to be honest.
    Its always a hassle, a hassle i don't need at the moment. If thats how it needs to be then fine, I'll do that. £10 for people attending for one day only i guess then?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Will Message you Jim...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Excellent, I'm even going to be back from my hols then!

Yes yes yes yes yes!
    Let's make it the best ever

Jimmer... don't loose hope, everyone appreciates your efforts!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Hey guys, it took some talking and arranging, but i have invited Fred (the caretaker of the hall of DutchLEM) over and he is coming over with his wife.
    Not sure if he will stick around all day on the LEM, but he is looking forward to it and i just booked a ferry crossing in his name, so he better be ;-)
    Hope you guys like it, Fred is really a nice guy and his wife Janneke is a very nice woman, they always take great care of us.
    Just like Jim always takes care of us during UKLEM arranging the hall and such.

If anyone knows of good places around surfleet to go and see (lakes, forrests, museum) let me know, because i can imagine he wants to make something of this mini holiday.
    For sure i know they will be joining in the curry evening and probably want to try fish and chips too ;-)
    And they are looking to meet you all guys after hearing our stories at the bar at DutchLEM.

Tony, Rob, Daniel and Keith all have met him and i don't think i am wrong in saying he is a top bloke!
    They are staying in the same hotel as us, don't remember the name, it's 12 miles away from the hall (and certainly not the SHIT INN!).
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Fred is a dude of the highest order!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

jim can probably give you some dogging spot recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Hey guys, it took some talking and arranging, but i have invited Fred (the caretaker of the hall of DutchLEM) over and he is coming over with his wife.
    Not sure if he will stick around all day on the LEM, but he is looking forward to it and i just booked a ferry crossing in his name, so he better be ;-)
    Hope you guys like it, Fred is really a nice guy and his wife Janneke is a very nice woman, they always take great care of us.
    Just like Jim always takes care of us during UKLEM arranging the hall and such.

If anyone knows of good places around surfleet to go and see (lakes, forrests, museum) let me know, because i can imagine he wants to make something of this mini holiday.
    For sure i know they will be joining in the curry evening and probably want to try fish and chips too ;-)
    And they are looking to meet you all guys after hearing our stories at the bar at DutchLEM.

Tony, Rob, Daniel and Keith all have met him and i don't think i am wrong in saying he is a top bloke!
    They are staying in the same hotel as us, don't remember the name, it's 12 miles away from the hall (and certainly not the SHIT INN!).
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Not been on here for a while, but as I don't do Facebook, I thought I had better confirm I plan to attend

Steve