Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CampLEM Mark I - May 11th-14th 2017 - Northern California

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Sacramento would be closest. The property is a little over an hour west of Red Bluff, which is north up I-5 from Sacramento. The closest airport is Redding, if that's an option for you. Redding is just south of Red Bluff.
    Redding is about 40 minutes NORTH of Red Bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    Redding is about 40 minutes NORTH of Red Bluff.
    Ah, yes. Got that backward. Thanks!

Looks Like I'm good to go. I should end my internship around May 2nd ish. And that leaves me plenty of time to make it out there. Will Be riding up with Kevin as stated above . Can't wait! First time To the west coast And by far will be farthest ive ever traveled -_- Yea I don't travel much.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    Looks Like I'm good to go. I should end my internship around May 2nd ish. And that leaves me plenty of time to make it out there. Will Be riding up with Kevin as stated above . Can't wait! First time To the west coast And by far will be farthest ive ever traveled -_- Yea I don't travel much.
    Glad you'll be able to make it!

Will have some updates soon. Been looking into an alternate location within the property that might be better-suited for our purposes. (Even nicer scenery/camping spots, and away from the public-facing side.)

I took a couple of videos yesterday, of the area I'd like to use:

We're about a month away! Let me know if you have any questions about logistics etc. The road up to Deerlick Springs is not bad, but you should use caution around some turns, as there are drop-offs with no guard rail.

Access to the "Up the Creek" area should be no big deal. We may need to park some vehicles on the other side of the water, if they don't have enough clearance to drive across the stream crossing. There is also a trail that connects the main laser meeting area to the rest of the property, which can be useful if we set up anything in the large field--or if you just want to walk around.

Here are a few photos as well:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170408_161747.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	51963
    View of the "Up the Creek" field

Name:	20170408_162112.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	51964
    View from the cabin porch

Name:	20170408_162341.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	51965
    View from behind the cabin

Name:	20170408_162401.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	51966
    View of the stream, from behind the cabin

Here's a video of the front area I originally planned on using:

There are no limitations for vehicular access in the front area. If we move inside the property, low-clearance vehicles can be parked right across the stream from where we'd be camping. Right now, with consistent rain, there are are two trucks here that can easily cross the water. If it's relatively dry for a week before the event, most vehicles can cross there. (There will be a foot bridge too.)

As for the front area, there are about 15 camping spaces on the public side and numerous spots on the private side. I have no way of knowing if people will be camping in the public area during CampLEM, which is the reason I figure it might be good to camp at "Up the Creek". To note, there is a large field, a short walking distance from the front area. We'd also have the general store to use for storage and a place to hang out.

We could always just pick a spot the weekend of the event too.

- J

Wow, beautiful spot! Up the creek looks pretty great if the access isn't an issue.

If anyone else is driving on I-5 South and would like to carpool send me a PM. I have a station wagon and no passengers currently. Coming from Eugene, OR.

Default Camping Yea...

Wow this sounds really cool and I will be there for sure !!!

Is there room for my camp trailer, the one I had at the last LEM parked out in front of the building ? you had to have seen it, I think it's 21 feet long.

I have 4000 watts of generator I will bring and more than enough extension cords to power many peoples camps.

I can bring some speakers and amplifiers if some one wants to bring a disc player or any other music source.

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by scnlns View Post
    Wow, beautiful spot! Up the creek looks pretty great if the access isn't an issue.
    . . .
    Winter is breathing its last dying breath here and it's finally spring. Weather is going to be 75-80, starting Wednesday. With a little luck, that will be the sort of weather we see during CampLEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Wow this sounds really cool and I will be there for sure !!!

Is there room for my camp trailer, the one I had at the last LEM parked out in front of the building ? you had to have seen it, I think it's 21 feet long.

I have 4000 watts of generator I will bring and more than enough extension cords to power many peoples camps.

I can bring some speakers and amplifiers if some one wants to bring a disc player or any other music source.

Can't wait
    Glad you can make it! There is plenty of room for pretty much anything here, even if we stick to the front area.

As for sound, great plan. So far, nobody's bringing any, so that would be a welcome addition. We can set up a computer to play tunes, at least.

I will update the top post with some more info in the next day or two.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    Looks like I'm in. Any interest in having me bring any of the following?

- 100W Greenlight PV (needs 240VAC @ 30A and running water, but it sounds like that's covered)
    - 7W 577nm Coherent Taipan, 3W 480nm Taipan
    - 25W Spectra Physics Millennia EV (CW, with a <2mm, <0.5mrad beam)
    - 6W RGB projector (BrightLight low divergence special)
    - Big ol' box of Junktronix junk for buy/sell/trade/barter
    I will bring two Honda quiet generators that together can put out 26.6 amps at 120 volts or 13.3 amps each and plenty of extension cords, hope that will help power some of it.

Glad to hear Laserman121 will be there
    Last edited by Boom; 04-25-2017 at 03:24.