Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little help for a project way to ambitios for me

Default a little help for a project way to ambitios for me

i wnat to build something to add a fairly unique look to my lights.

i have designed something that i want to make happen
    i have a fan motor that i put a wooden dowl on instead of the fan and i want to put LED all the way across it and be able to remotely control them individully from my booth.

|o| o= led light
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    (||) (||)= reciever
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|
    |o|

think about a propeller for a airplane with leds on it.....At high RPMs it would appear to make a complete circle
    how the heck do i control all of them???????

So you expect us to come up with a ready-to-go solution for you? Did you just join these forums to ask that question?

Have you tried google? It's a nifty little tool.
    Try typing propeller clock in the text box and press enter. You'll have tons of info.

I would like to build a time machine that spits money from its exhaust pipe and runs on fresh air.
    will you design it for me? Its way too big of a problem for me to tackle.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I would like to build a time machine that spits money from its exhaust pipe and runs on fresh air....
    OMG !
    That's spooky !
    I have one of these in my Garage.

By an amazing coincidence I have built in a small add on which turns a bit of dowling with LED's on.
    It's quite a show.

I may bring it to the next meet (if I can get a trailer large enough and a PP9 for the LED's).

In think the simple answer is you can't. With a spinning propellor you can't have a wired connection it would need to be wireless. Add the weight of a controller anywhere other than dead centre and you''l both unbalance the thing and subject the controller to considerable outward g forces as the tips will probably spin at several hundreds of miles an hour. The lawsuits from someone who gets hit by the controller could be quite interesting though.

If you want a propellor effect, but some of these and rewire the switches for remote operation: http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...-WINDMILL.html

Alternatively approach the manufacturer and aske them to make you a big one - much more expensive but much safer as then its them thats responsible for any injuries during normal usuage provided you've taken all the necessary precautions at your end.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

A bargain at 3 quid.
    Buy a few, line 'em up on a bit of wood, change the power source from batteries to an adaptor and you could trigger 'em by a DMX switch (or even an on/off switch).
    Bung 'em on top of a lighting truss and it would be quite pretty.

joebone-

take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no2_M_b059g

Default Time Machine Picture

Loooks suspiciously like stainless steel sink units between those big pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    So you expect us to come up with a ready-to-go solution for you? Did you just join these forums to ask that question?

Have you tried google? It's a nifty little tool.
    Try typing propeller clock in the text box and press enter. You'll have tons of info.
    thanks for the help...lately ive been on laserpiointerforums but i cant seem to wrap my mind around how im goin to do this.... but really your answer helped allot

someone from there told me to come over here and try
    Last edited by joebone; 08-22-2008 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    In think the simple answer is you can't. With a spinning propellor you can't have a wired connection it would need to be wireless. Add the weight of a controller anywhere other than dead centre and you''l both unbalance the thing and subject the controller to considerable outward g forces as the tips will probably spin at several hundreds of miles an hour. The lawsuits from someone who gets hit by the controller could be quite interesting though.

If you want a propellor effect, but some of these and rewire the switches for remote operation: http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...-WINDMILL.html

Alternatively approach the manufacturer and aske them to make you a big one - much more expensive but much safer as then its them thats responsible for any injuries during normal usuage provided you've taken all the necessary precautions at your end.
    i tried to buy one of these to take apart and see how they do it but they dont ship to the US

i was thinking of something that might spin a little slower and i could walk the LEDs in from the outside as its spinning around. and turn on 2 of them to make 2 circles. but the clock is really cool and helps allot with this project. someone suggested i use wiper contacts. but i would have to use one for every bulb. gotta be one board in the middle and one board mounted on the other side of some kind of rotating contact or something.

i think....lol im really shooting in the dark..lol
    Last edited by joebone; 08-22-2008 at 14:31.