Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: FB3QS flashes yellow and not working

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default FB3QS flashes yellow and not working

    hey guys need your help please,
    one of my fb3qs is not working.. when i press enable output it start flashing yellow and i dont get any laser output!
    already tried everything (other fb3qs working ok on same pc )

    what do you think is the problem??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    ohh and btw.. when i try clicking a que - the fb3 flashes yellow,and i can hear the scanner working, only there is no laser output

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Sounds like you have a counterfeit FB3.

    See the link below.

    http://pangolin.com/recognize-counterfeit-fb3-qs/

    There is no repairing in, you have to buy a genuine unit from us at Pangolin or an authorized dealer.

    Let me guess, did this unit come from China? Aliexpress or EBay?
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    are you sure? but isnt that wierd that scanner is working and laser not?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Before you spend any time trying to figure out the problem, check and see if its a counterfeit by looking at the pics on the link from Ryan, and contacting Pangolin with the serial number.
    If it is counterfeit do not assume that anything about the failure will be logical, and you may waste time investigating.
    If it turns out it is a genuine unit, then its worth carrying on trying to figure out what is happening with Pangolin. Their support is very good and will be able to assist you with what the problem is.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    sent them..thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I'm not sure because I don't have the unit in my hand.

    But you can check the link and tell instantly for yourself.

    These units fail in strange ways and not always consistently. Depends which cheap internal component failed first, and how. The flashing yellow indicates a general failure, and 99.9% of the time someone sees that flashing yellow, it is a counterfeit unit, but I suppose there is always the chance of being the lucky 0.1%.

    Where did you obtain the unit?
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    from goldenstarlaser, china

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    OK, thanks for the info.

    I don't have access to the contact/support@pangolin emails, only the ScannerMAX emails, but our support department opens in 2-3 hours and they will get back to you quickly.
    Thanks,
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Goldenstar are one of the more reputable Chinese sellers and have quite a long relationship with Pangolin, and often post pics of new stock, and thanking Pangolin/Justin Perry.
    All but one of my FB3 have come from Goldenstar and they're all genuine.
    However, I do seem to recall reading that they may have sold counterfeit ones for a short period (knowingly or not, I don't know)

    If it is confirmed that it is counterfeit, it might be worth contacting Goldenstar. John and Mimi are both members of PL too.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •