Thread: APC 40 programming?

Default APC 40 programming?

I've been using the midi map provided by Pangolin for the APC40 but I've stumbled on a few bugs that I'm hoping to remedy, unfortunately I have no idea how this thing is programmed. Some examples of the bugs I've found using Beyond 3.0 are:

-"Toggle Zone Mute" buttons do not illuminate for muted or unmuted zones. The button still functions properly but there's no indication of which zone is being muted other than the fact that there's no laser output.

-When selecting "Live and FX Control to Zone" the FX buttons only illuminate and function properly on zone 1. If I select zone 2 and then apply an effect the button will not illuminate and the only way I can stop the effect is by also applying the effect to zone 1 and then turning it off. Basically I can turn an effect on to zone 2 but then I can't turn it off unless I then select zone 1, apply the effect to it as well and then turn it off from both zones together.

Ideally, it would be nice if, while having "Live and FX Control to Zone" selected, the FX buttons would illuminate and function for the selected zone but then have the illumination reset when a different zone is selected. That way you could toggle back and forth between zones and see which FX were applies to which zones. It would also be nice to be able to terminate an effect on zones other than zone 1 without having to apply the effect to zone 1 if I don't want to. The only thing I've managed to do to the midi map so far is change the color and blink settings to the cue grid. I'm thinking the "Toggle Zone Mute" issue may be as simple as finding the setting and updating the LED HEX setting, which must have changed since Beyond 2.1 since it worked fine with that version. I'm not sure how to approach the second issue though. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks.

Luke
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

Do you have the APC40 configured as your first MIDI device? Also, do you have the APC40 listed in BOTH the input and output drop downs?

Yes, it is configured as device 1, input and output. The "toggle zone mute" works fine in Beyond 2.1 just not 3.0. It's the same template though so I don't know what changed. The FX bank issue is present in both versions of Beyond though. They work fine in "control to master" and "control to cue" but then stop working properly in "control to zone".
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

Speak to Bob Varsiker at Pangolin as I'm pretty sure that he made the profile.

Or mail alexey about the problem. He is on top of things. :-)