Thread: weird scanning problem

Default weird scanning problem

hey guys,
    recently i noticed a weird problem in one of my rgb lasers.
    effects just dont scan right, well not all of them - some work like they should and some dont.
    here is a video that shows an effect in the QS and look how the output is different:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl...ew?usp=sharing

what do you think can couse that? scanner ( DT30 ) is brand new so its not a scanner problem, maybe foulty main board?

I'm assuming your issue is the lack of ability of your scanners to jump immediately to the correct location and stay there?

If so, I'm guessing you have a floating ground or other voltage fault on the galvo signal ground line or lack of ground on that line combined with other other electrical signal issues. You may wish to measure for power on those signal lines when no ILDA connection is present.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hey man thanks for your time,
    Well actually its not only the ability to jump but also like you see in the next video its effecting also on movment ( see how the green laser moves better - and they connected on the same ilda)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoLaser View Post
    Hey man thanks for your time,
    Well actually its not only the ability to jump but also like you see in the next video its effecting also on movment ( see how the green laser moves better - and they connected on the same ilda)
    Well, assuming you have set up both of the animations/cues (or whatever your software refers to them as) identically from a source frame that is the same except for color, I would expect that the color that 'isn't moving as much' has a driver that is causing a voltage fault that is affecting the ground on your X-Y signal. That said, I'm surprised that it didn't mess up the rest of the frame running at the same time. Or were those separate projectors as that would make much more sense and align (pun intended) with my earlier comment.

More specifically, I would check to see if your X-Y signal ground is connected to pin 25. If not, doing so may address the symptom (but not the root-cause). I'd also ensure that all of your PSUs are grounded properly including any in your laser modules. A disconnected ground or not centrally connected ground may be causing your issue. Bill Benner has a very good wiring article that has been referenced and included in several posts in this forum. You should be able to do a search here and find it.

-David

<Edit> One more thing: if these were different projectors and the only problem is the projection range (in the X and/or Y direction) of one projector versus the other, you simply need to adjust one projector or the other so that the projection angles are the same. This simply requires displaying a square through both projectors and adjusting the size of the projection by adjusting the size pot on the X and Y drivers so that they match up and the square is . . square. Then slowly increase the size of the image until it maxes out. If the gain can't handle the size, the image will deteriorate noticeably and you should set them to be 'smaller' or retune the drivers as necessary. Note that retuning is not something that the inexperienced should be doing without proper instruction from someone that knows what he/she is doing as it can result in permanent damage to your galvos.
    Last edited by dkumpula; 05-22-2017 at 12:51.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"