Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a very good day voiding warranties

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Green is strongly adsorbed by hemoglobin in the patients gums, which can cause burning tissue. Hence the kill green optics on your tube. I have a spare tube for these if you ever need one. I think I also have a tube that does the green as well.
    Lovely little Reliant, once you remove the large fiber.
    Steve

thanks! yes. turns out i have a thing for reliants. if this tube dies, i wouldn't mind dropping in one with the missing green line (i assume it's 514), but i've got got a 300wc and two 250D's. i'm in good shape for a while.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Now darn it, you just reminded me that I need to put the new in the box 300 WC tube into the laser, to replace the tube that is only doing 647 and 488 from old age.
    I guess its going to be a classical gas weekend as I need to whitelight a tube for a client. Which has resulted in my remembering how many steps, and how much work it takes to reach 1x10^-6 Torr consistently.. I had the vacuum station mothballed for three sad years.
    ~
    I just aligned a 30 year old Lexel 85 at work that has sat unused for 16 years. Lasing with installed single line prism on first start pulse after complete alignment with a 543 nm hene, and a slight tilt of the prism, to compensate for the about 30 nm difference. Didn't have to touch the horizontal, its already pretty much peaked. In other words, it just wanted to lase! Doing 90% of rated power and tube voltage is within 1 volt of spec. Got three lines tuning in by just "eyeballing" the prism mount roll axis, which is amazing for a first try.. That is a good day!
    !
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-23-2017 at 11:06.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

that sounds like a very good day!

i don't know if you saw the the little AWC300 rig i picked up... laser, pcaom, ct6210's, and a super clean little build.

https://imgur.com/a/MN5ZV

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Now darn it, you just reminded me that I need to put the new in the box 300 WC tube into the laser, to replace the tube that is only doing 647 and 488 from old age.
    I guess its going to be a classical gas weekend as I need to whitelight a tube for a client. Which has resulted in my remembering how many steps, and how much work it takes to reach 1x10^-6 Torr consistently.. I had the vacuum station mothballed for three sad years.
    ~
    I just aligned a 30 year old Lexel 85 at work that has sat unused for 16 years. Lasing with installed single line prism on first start pulse after complete alignment with a 543 nm hene, and a slight tilt of the prism, to compensate for the about 30 nm difference. Didn't have to touch the horizontal, its already pretty much peaked. In other words, it just wanted to lase! Doing 90% of rated power and tube voltage is within 1 volt of spec. Got three lines tuning in by just "eyeballing" the prism mount roll axis, which is amazing for a first try.. That is a good day!
    !
    Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Nice to see the old school stuff being used and not ending up in the land fill.

I remember back in the day when Michael Kenny at MWK would have hit you up a couple of thousand and possibly plus for something like that. PCAOM time indeed
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:
    https://dreamcasterlasershows.com/

i have an entirely rational love for ions.

here's a poor quality recording of one of my shows through the ArKr.

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    Nice to see the old school stuff being used and not ending up in the land fill.

I remember back in the day when Michael Kenny at MWK would have hit you up a couple of thousand and possibly plus for something like that. PCAOM time indeed

Something about ion. Got love it. Only two reasons I don't use it. Loud fan and 20amps. Can't water cool at home.