Thread: Announcing: Laser Juice - real time abstracts for laser or oscillographics

Lightbulb Announcing: Laser Juice - real time abstracts for laser or oscillographics

I am pleased to announce a new synthesis engine / abstract generator - Laser Juice! There is a fully featured demo with a 20 minute time limit available on the website. Licenses will be available June 15, 2017 for $30 USD. Built with TouchDesigner - supports Windows and Mac (beta).

Features:
    • Output to Ether Dream (ILDA) or sound card (ILDA, oscilloscope or modular synth). More DACs coming soon.
    • Signal modulation with LFO, MIDI or audio.
    • Harmonograph inspired synthesis.
    • Rich and vibrant color patterns.
    • Save and load presets you develop.
    • Oscillator previews help you understand the signals you are generating.

Thanks and kudos to my partner in development Ferrous256, j4cbo for the Ether Dream, and BlueFang for the excellent Maxwell software which helped inspire this project. Comments and questions are welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye_01.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	535.5 KB 
ID:	52284

Name:	screen_01.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	52285

Video samples

I'm sad - all my computers are too wimpy to run TouchDesigner. Time to start looking for a more modern laptop I guess.

The Lumia are interesting. The rest not so much,

Full licenses are now available for purchase at the website. We are currently working on our 0.9 release with some fixes for the audio system and new features. We are also working on support for several additional DACs, more info soon on that front.

Name:	sound_01.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	52392
    Watch video

TouchPlayer 099 beta consistently hangs while loading Laser Juice, and 088 doesn't have good support for high-dpi, so popups (like settings) and drop-down menus don't scale up and are unreadable on my Dell XPS 13 with QHD+ (3200x1800) running Windows 10-64. I believe this is fixed in TouchPlayer 099, but it doesn't work.

I know your working on it. Hopefully there will be a new update soon. Can't wait to try it! Thanks!
    Looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by wlan View Post
    TouchPlayer 099 beta consistently hangs while loading Laser Juice, and 088 doesn't have good support for high-dpi, so popups (like settings) and drop-down menus don't scale up and are unreadable on my Dell XPS 13 with QHD+ (3200x1800) running Windows 10-64. I believe this is fixed in TouchPlayer 099, but it doesn't work.
    Thanks for the heads up. 099 just became the official release so we will convert over to using the new UI functionality presently.