Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can anyone help me with a purchase???

Hi James

Did Julie find the optics I was after

Just a quick addition to your post ( if you don't mind ).

Firstly, I don't think anyone suggested that there were no laws applicable to operating a laser. We have a law for everything else, so why should a projector be any different !

To my knowledge, the BS standard requirement regarding the shutter applies to class 3b and class 4 lasers. The requirement is for an attenuator, beam stop, or shutter to be fitted along with the interlocks , keys etc.

How would you interpret a beam stop or an attenuator ? Is there a specific description regarding these terms , that you know of ? It would be good to know for sure, as I've heard several definitions of what a beam stop could be.

Regards

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

I would think a momentary keyswitch activating a DPDT latching relay circuit controlling the "mains" to all lasers' busses and the secondary set of contacts controlling an output aperature spring loaded shutter should cover most bases. The shutter would be anything that blocks EVERYTHING coming out of the ouput aperature and cannot be reset without a complete power-down and re-activation with the keyswitch. The shutter could be a simple redundant dual plunger type solenoid with a black high-temperature painted flag to the very expensive shutters posted earlier on this thread. Google (or Dogpile)"electric or electronic key-switch" and I'll bet you get 1000 hits--
    Whew- Its hot in here -gotta go. Waitin on a cap for the heat-pump..I'm goin' back downstairs where it's cool

Hi jem

Just dug up a picture of my old projector which has 2 shutters ....

one for the main beam which is a rotary arm and the other vertical shutter that we talked about, which i used to divert through James Poly 20 gratings wheel ...

just thought it may help in your layout

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e0fc9835-2...8e2b4ef/raw820

all the best ... Karl

Bummer. I live in Austin, TX where that thing was located. I could have driven over and picked it up.

Thanks for that, it's really appreciated and after all, it's the thought that counts

Cheers

Jem