Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Etherdream 2 DMX out

Hey Lasermaster

I will let Jacob confirm but this is DMX out and you would solder up a 3pin XLR connector as follows to match the silk screen labels on the board
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dmx pinouts.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	52365
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dmx pinouts.JPG  

Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:
    https://dreamcasterlasershows.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    Hey Lasermaster

I will let Jacob confirm but this is DMX out and you would solder up a 3pin XLR connector as follows to match the silk screen labels on the board
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dmx pinouts.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	52365
    I'm very new to the ED2, so I assumed this was an input to control aspects of display controller's ability to use an SD memory card for image/frames.

Ol' dog still learning new tricks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I'm very new to the ED2, so I assumed this was an input to control aspects of display controller's ability to use an SD memory card for image/frames.

Ol' dog still learning new tricks :-)
    Hi Lasermaster 1977
    I have a bit of DMX background so I can help if you need it and want to use DMX to control the projector.

I just hooked up my new Etherdream to the latest version of LSX and LSX comes up like it should registered and all. The Sitter diagnostic tool that I downloaded from the ED2 site finds it on the network status is idle. I try to output to my laser projector using the demo file in LSX I see it playing in the preview window and no go from the projector. I see the etherdream.dll file in the LSX folder, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

M
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

jump back into IRC and i'll try to give you a hand.

Hi Lasermaster 1977
    I have a bit of DMX background so I can help if you need it and want to use DMX to control the projector.

I just hooked up my new Etherdream to the latest version of LSX and LSX comes up like it should registered and all. The Sitter diagnostic tool that I downloaded from the ED2 site finds it on the network status is idle. I try to output to my laser projector using the demo file in LSX I see it playing in the preview window and no go from the projector. I see the etherdream.dll file in the LSX folder, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

M
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default Issues with the Etherdream

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    jump back into IRC and i'll try to give you a hand.
    Hi Chris
    Sorry I get up at 5am and was falling asleep at the computer I did not see this until this morning I will PM you.

Best
    M
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:

Hi Lasermaster 1977

M
    Thanks, I'd love to get some insight into DMX. I've only played with it a tiny bit using ENTTecs OpenDMX USB controller with Vixen software for Xmas lighting. I see from reading the Ether Dream 1 documents that Ether Dream 1 & 2 listens on UDP 7654 for OSC commands. Need to bone up on OSC commands, but how neat is that! Now I understand why on ED2 there is only a DMX Out.

Did you "associate" the ED2 to a timeline in LSX?