Thread: LSX Basic RGB Linearity adjustments

Default LSX Basic RGB Linearity adjustments

I've been trying to tweak my RGB linearity in LSX Basic and I don't see that changes have any effect. My projector has analog intensity control, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't been able to determine what is required, unless it is having LSX Pro.

Any ideas?

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

are you using this control?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.31.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	52371

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I've been trying to tweak my RGB linearity in LSX Basic and I don't see that changes have any effect. My projector has analog intensity control, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't been able to determine what is required, unless it is having LSX Pro.

Any ideas?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    are you using this control?

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.31.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	52371
    Yes, that's the control I'm using, now it is working. I probably wasn't holding my mouth right.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Yes, that's the control I'm using, now it is working. I probably wasn't holding my mouth right.
    yeah. try using your mouse instead of your mouth.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Note that when you are displaying a test frame for RGB levels (i.e. the grey scale test frame) the default brightness should be turned up to its max brightness assuming that it is safe to do so.

As for the actual setting aspect, for at least the lower power diodes, you will likely want to add nodes so that you can get a quicker jump on the low modulation end. This will help you match up low end response among your RGB diodes.

Name:	color linearity example.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	52385

Have fun!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Note that when you are displaying a test frame for RGB levels (i.e. the grey scale test frame) the default brightness should be turned up to its max brightness assuming that it is safe to do so.

As for the actual setting aspect, for at least the lower power diodes, you will likely want to add nodes so that you can get a quicker jump on the low modulation end. This will help you match up low end response among your RGB diodes.

Name:	color linearity example.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	52385

Have fun!

-David
    Thanks for the reminder David. I've added more adjusting nodes but hadn't checked everything using the gray scale test frame.

yeah. try using your mouse instead of your mouth.
    Great suggestion swami, and with the mouse it greatly reduces the amount of saliva gunking up everything.